Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Exceed Tubless Kits

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Is anyone using these in a reasonable capacity.   By reasonable capacity I mean 20+ houses / jobs per day?  

I looked at some very early releases of these but wasn't convinced? 

Input from anyone using them would be greatly appreciated. 

I use their slick connects and they are great. From what I gather they are rectus connectors that are inside their own casing so not much different than diy versions. 

I use their slick connects and they are great. From what I gather they are rectus connectors that are inside their own casing so not much different than diy versions. 
Tubeless kits and slick connects aren't the same thing. Darran has his own version of the tubeless system so I'm wondering why his request for feed back.  BTW I've thought about tubeless and I quite like the idea of the slick connect. Unfortunately I'm put off by the s/c as I seem to unadvertantly stand on my pole hose coupling regularily and reports are that they don't stand up to that treatment.

Tubeless kits and slick connects aren't the same thing. Darran has his own version of the tubeless system so I'm wondering why his request for feed back.  BTW I've thought about tubeless and I quite like the idea of the slick connect. Unfortunately I'm put off by the s/c as I seem to unadvertantly stand on my pole hose coupling regularily and reports are that they don't stand up to that treatment.
I know they aren’t. I’ve stood on mine a good few times and have never broken them. I also heard that they start leaking after a while but I’ve never had any problems. Only bad thing I’d have to say about them really is that I feel they are a little expensive for what they are. Will have to see how long they last though first cos they could end up being well worth their money. 

We use the exceed system on all our poles , but you can buy the components you need to do it yourself for only a couple of pounds , this is now the way we do it as it’s far more cost effective , makes the working day so much easier and far more productive . 

I’ve used slick connectors since last Feb I think it was. Stood on them a few times but never broke one. The male one thats on my 6mm hose has just started to leek so just ordered another one. Much better than the rectus fittings that I was changing every couple of months

Just looked at the 2 methods Gardiner posted.

Method 1 is pretty common if pretty simple. It has the disadvantage of the connector being outside the pole and having to turn the flow off with a separate tap.

Method 2, I'm quite surprised, looks like a bit of a bodge! The male connector is only held in by friction, not central and you can't use it with a univalve (I couldn't get on without my univalve! Best time saver ever)

I posted a DIY method a while back I'll repost underneath*. In practice it works the same as the exceed kit and I'm very happy with it so I imagine the exceed kit will be worthwhile. 

* I've converted my poles to a tubeless setup today and fitted univalves. Very happy with the results. 

Although Exceed innovations do a enclosure that allows you to disconnect, I've found a quick free method you can use.

For the pole:

As you can see on the picture I have a male rectus 21 type connector with a washer on it. The first pole section needs to be a couple of inches shorter than the rest of the sections to allow the connector to be safely inside the pole (I just extend the first section a couple of inches and wrap a tape stop to stop it going down further) 

The washer needs to be just the right size to fit inside section 2 but too big to go through section 1. The washer sits on the end of the shortened section 1 which prevents the connector moving down the pole but also keeps it centralised.

I also fitted a univalve and put PTFE tape over the o'ring lugs to prevent them damaging the inside of the pole. (Since realized you don't need orings!)

For the hose: 

Simply cut a piece of garden hose about 4"-5" long, cut it lengthwise until 3/4" from the end and trim it off. Using hot water to help, slide the hose over the sliding part of the rectus female coupler.

I used pvc tape to wrap round the end to increase the diameter so it is perfectly centralised.

To connect the hose, push it in and 'click'!

To disconnect the hose pull on the peice of hose coming out the bottom.

Turning it on and off still works fine with the univalve by pulling the hose.

A john guest connector at the top prevents the hose being pulled inside when operating the univalve (not pictured)

Simples!

View attachment 13876

View attachment 13877

View attachment 13878

I know they aren’t. I’ve stood on mine a good few times and have never broken them. I also heard that they start leaking after a while but I’ve never had any problems. Only bad thing I’d have to say about them really is that I feel they are a little expensive for what they are. Will have to see how long they last though first cos they could end up being well worth their money. 

That's good to know.

I would imagine that changing the o ring will stop any coupling leaks should one start in the future. Steve also recommends the coupler is lubricated.

When you are a single operator with a single hose reel then I would accept the price as a cost of convenience. Steve does design and make good stuff. We have 4 poles, 5 hose reels and a backpack. Converting all that lot so everything is interchangeable would make my eye's water. I also bulk purchased some EZsnap tails and connectors so really need to use those up first.

Is anyone using these in a reasonable capacity.   By reasonable capacity I mean 20+ houses / jobs per day?  

I looked at some very early releases of these but wasn't convinced? 

Input from anyone using them would be greatly appreciated. 
Great bit of kit.

All you need though is the pole bung and protector sleeve.

The rest of the kit I threw in the bin!

Back