Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Heater for the van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

your stuffed then!?
ignore dazmond mate he doesn't own one of these so has no experience of using one,if you could find a 2kw version that would be easier to use but the 5kw can be managed to give a good overnight temperature so nothing will freeze.

find one on ebay or amazon with the black lcd screen with the remote as they are the better versions around at the moment,ignore the red remotes etc as early comments back from them are not that good

if you install these heaters properly then they are not a problem at all to own and run 

I've got one of these in my van, paid £120 off eBay and run it on red diesel, it's absolutely brilliant. On a very low setting it keeps the van (Renault Master lwb) very toasty and doesn't use too much fuel. Only got it cos the beast from the east caught us out last year and caused around £300 worth of damage, it overwhelmed my greenhouse heater and oil filled radiator. One word of warning, you will need to keep it hooked up to the mains overnight, I just keep a battery charger plugged in overnight.

ignore dazmond mate he doesn't own one of these so has no experience of using one,if you could find a 2kw version that would be easier to use but the 5kw can be managed to give a good overnight temperature so nothing will freeze.

find one on ebay or amazon with the black lcd screen with the remote as they are the better versions around at the moment,ignore the red remotes etc as early comments back from them are not that good

if you install these heaters properly then they are not a problem at all to own and run 
Cheers Kevinc,

thats the the kind of reply I like reading..intelligence!

yes I thought the 5kw would be overkill, I take it they need to be vented etc?

venting is by the air intake and exhaust mate,which means two holes in the van floor, I have the 5kw version and is a bit overkill as the back of my van was 42c the other morning,thats my fault as I need to set the heaters upper temps to suit 

Great response, I can see your easily defeated in life
nope not at all mate.....what i used to do was put an oil filled radiator in my van overnight......before that id just bring my pumpbox inside (and reel) and put a duvet over the tank if it was really cold.......

I've got one of these in my van, paid £120 off eBay and run it on red diesel, it's absolutely brilliant. On a very low setting it keeps the van (Renault Master lwb) very toasty and doesn't use too much fuel. Only got it cos the beast from the east caught us out last year and caused around £300 worth of damage, it overwhelmed my greenhouse heater and oil filled radiator. One word of warning, you will need to keep it hooked up to the mains overnight, I just keep a battery charger plugged in overnight.
thats no good then because he cant run an extension lead out to his van.......

dont you need to run an extension lead out to the van though to power it throughout the night?

no i havent got one of them,ive got something much better.......a 9kw grippatank diesel heater with frost stat........no need to do anything.........?

no i havent got one of them,ive got something much better.......a 9kw grippatank diesel heater with frost stat........no need to do anything.........?
why do you say you've got something much better when you haven't tried the air heaters?, the froststat idea is around 8 years old now and was ian sheppards collaboration with pure freedom at the time and even back then it wasn't the ideal solution when just an 100lph pump inserted into the stystem would stop the water from freezing,it was more hype than solving the real issue

why do you say you've got something much better when you haven't tried the air heaters?, the froststat idea is around 8 years old now and was ian sheppards collaboration with pure freedom at the time and even back then it wasn't the ideal solution when just an 100lph pump inserted into the stystem would stop the water from freezing,it was more hype than solving the real issue
it does solve the issue though mate.........when we had the beast from the east last winter the frost stat kicked in a few times overnight on the coldest nights and circulated warm water around my system,through my reel preventing anything from freezing....without having to remember to put/switch a heater in the back of my van overnight(this caught me out a few times and ended up with a broken gas heater back when i was using shower heaters to heat my water).....

im not saying the air diesel heaters are not effective.probably a good solution for cold water users....?

Too the original poster join this fb group and you will find everything you need to know about they seem really popular Inrecently joined the site as I just bought a campervan and going to purchase one soon.

The big question I wanted to know was sizeof heater  needed and just  about every member said 2kw as the 5kw is overkill and the 2kw runs sweet due to the 5kw running lower when up to temp and can soot the heater up.

Also they can be a little noisy even with a silencer if parked on a street closed to houses.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=chinese diesel vehicle air heaters - troubleshooting %26 parts sales.&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Last edited by a moderator:
venting is by the air intake and exhaust mate,which means two holes in the van floor, I have the 5kw version and is a bit overkill as the back of my van was 42c the other morning,thats my fault as I need to set the heaters upper temps to suit 
I’m looking at buying one of these for my campervan but looking to have it installed in a metal box under the van with just the heated outlet going staring inside the van. 

Too the original poster join this fb group and you will find everything you need to know about they seem really popular Inrecently joined the site as I just bought a campervan and going to purchase one soon.

The big question I wanted to know was sizeof heater  needed and just  about every member said 2kw as the 5kw is overkill and the 2kw runs sweet due to the 5kw running lower when up to temp and can soot the heater up.

Also they can be a little noisy even with a silencer if parked on a street closed to houses.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=chinese diesel vehicle air heaters - troubleshooting %26 parts sales.&epa=SEARCH_BOX
How noisy are we talking?

I honestly don’t know exactly as I haven’t purchased one yet, go on YouTube and search there is plenty with and without silencer maybe try and gauge for yourself hopefully you may get an idea, the only experience I have with oil heating is my home heating is oil and that that’s loud but a hell of a lot bigger than one of these van heaters lol

itll be similar to my diesel heater when that fires up when the frost stat kicks in.mine only runs for 10 mins though then turns itself off.....

it sounds like a jumbo jet on tickover on the runway......thats the best way of describing it......?

im not arsed about my neighbours as most of them are drug addicts so dont complain.....?

my ebersphacer is way noisier than the Chinese air heater up to the point that I've just bought a decent silencer for it,the Chinese ones after they've started up make a noise but its not that loud where you are going to wake the neighbours up more like a low whistle if that makes sense?, a silencer on the air intake improves the sound a lot (they look like a short tube with sponge in them) like den said have a look on you tube to gain an idea of how loud they are that,or you could ring me and I can place the phone next to mine so you can hear it?

Back