Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hard Water Marks On Window; Possibly Lead Guttering

Master Jedi Alejandro

Premium Member
Afternoon all,

I need some advice. A customer of mine has some hard watermarks on a upstairs windows, caused by a drip down from a hole in her guttering. Unfortunately a few gos with just pure hasn't sorted it. The guttering may be lead or lead lined, I'm not sure, but it is the original guttering with the house and I recon its at least 40 years old. 

Another window cleaner advised the window was done for, since its been so long, but thought I'd see if any of you guys had any advice, any chemicals that might work?

Thanks, Alexandros. 

Edit: That title should read "Possibly Caused by..." If a MOD can change it that would be great, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another vote for Viakal. I use it like I do degreaser. Put it on the window, agitate it and leave it for a few minutes. I had one with severe limescale, had to repeat the process twice.

@Gav why are you punishing us with this 15 word rule, what have we done to you ?

Trying to fulfil the proscribed number of words my answer to your question is no ?
Thanks for answering my question in a way that both answers it and allows you to post! (Darn, two over!)

Come on @Gav, look what you've reduced the poor lad to now... We are a simple bunch of lads that talk in simple short sentences ?
It's the new Window Cleaning Forum games. See if you can answer a question in no more than 15 words! ?

Also, @Gav, my notifications have stopped working. I'm only just seeing all these replies cause I clicked onto the WFP section. ?

Darn, good point! Lol! Lmao! KML! Just use acronyms. Still not enough. What about now?

Ehh, so we already broke the new toy! @Gav, think you'll find that is 15! ??

View attachment 15494

? Sorry all. Trying to minimise one word replies or very short ones that don't really add to conversations half the time, that's what reactions are for. 

Quotes and links don't count by the way. I mean you wouldn't reply with just a quote and nothing else. 

Will drop the minimum to 10 words ?

55 words woohoo oh wait now it's 63.

Back