Jump to content
Master Jedi Alejandro

Hard Water Marks On Window; Possibly Lead Guttering

Recommended Posts

Master Jedi Alejandro

Afternoon all,

 

I need some advice. A customer of mine has some hard watermarks on a upstairs windows, caused by a drip down from a hole in her guttering. Unfortunately a few gos with just pure hasn't sorted it. The guttering may be lead or lead lined, I'm not sure, but it is the original guttering with the house and I recon its at least 40 years old. 

 

Another window cleaner advised the window was done for, since its been so long, but thought I'd see if any of you guys had any advice, any chemicals that might work?

 

Thanks, Alexandros. 

 

Edit: That title should read "Possibly Caused by..." If a MOD can change it that would be great, thank you.

Edited by Master Jedi Alejandro

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer

I had one from a dripping overflow, third floor flat. Few squirts of Viakal, wait five minutes and WFP off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Master Jedi Alejandro
21 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I had one from a dripping overflow, third floor flat. Few squirts of Viakal, wait five minutes and WFP off. 

Thanks mate. Just had the same advice from someone else so will defo give it a go!

Share this post


Link to post


Master Jedi Alejandro

@Part Timer Sorry mate, just wondering, do you wet the window first? 

 

-This is should make 15 words.-

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer

Trying to fulfil the proscribed number of words my answer to your question is no 😜

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar

Another vote for Viakal. I use it like I do degreaser. Put it on the window, agitate it and leave it for a few minutes. I had one with severe limescale, had to repeat the process twice.

@Gav why are you punishing us with this 15 word rule, what have we done to you 😂

Share this post


Link to post
RWCleaning

I’ve heard Unger rub out can work work work work work work work work work

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar
2 minutes ago, RWCleaning said:

I’ve heard Unger rub out can work work work work work work work work work

Come on @Gav, look what you've reduced the poor lad to now... We are a simple bunch of lads that talk in simple short sentences 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Master Jedi Alejandro
1 hour ago, Part Timer said:

Trying to fulfil the proscribed number of words my answer to your question is no 😜

 

Thanks for answering my question in a way that both answers it and allows you to post! (Darn, two over!)

19 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

Come on @Gav, look what you've reduced the poor lad to now... We are a simple bunch of lads that talk in simple short sentences 😂

It's the new Window Cleaning Forum games. See if you can answer a question in no more than 15 words! 😂

Also, @Gav, my notifications have stopped working. I'm only just seeing all these replies cause I clicked onto the WFP section. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar
3 minutes ago, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

It's the new Window Cleaning Forum games. See if you can answer a question in no more than 15 words! 😂

But if you answer it in no more than 15 words you're the only person who can see the answer 😂

Unless you answer it in exactly 15 words.... Thats a special skill 😂😂

Edited by P4dstar

Share this post


Link to post
Master Jedi Alejandro
4 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

But if you answer it in no more than 15 words you're the only person who can see the answer 😂

Unless you answer it in exactly 15 words.... Thats a special skill 😂😂

Darn, good point! Lol! Lmao! KML! Just use acronyms. Still not enough. What about now?

 

Ehh, so we already broke the new toy! @Gav, think you'll find that is 15! 🤐😂

 

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 21.13.09.png

Share this post


Link to post


Gav
48 minutes ago, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

Darn, good point! Lol! Lmao! KML! Just use acronyms. Still not enough. What about now?

 

Ehh, so we already broke the new toy! @Gav, think you'll find that is 15! 🤐😂

 

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 21.13.09.png

 

😂 Sorry all. Trying to minimise one word replies or very short ones that don't really add to conversations half the time, that's what reactions are for. 

 

Quotes and links don't count by the way. I mean you wouldn't reply with just a quote and nothing else. 

 

Will drop the minimum to 10 words 😁

55 words woohoo oh wait now it's 63.

Share this post


Link to post
RWCleaning

Has anyone on here ever done a 2500 word post ?

Share this post


Link to post
Gav
2 minutes ago, RWCleaning said:

Has anyone on here ever done a 2500 word post ?

The challenge is on! 🤪. There have been a few that probably come close! 

Share this post


Link to post
Clisty1989
1 hour ago, RWCleaning said:

Has anyone on here ever done a 2500 word post ?

I think @spruce is the closest active member. I'm sure @cheapncheerful went over that many a time with his ramblings, perhaps some of the senior members will confirm this (I joined as he stopped posting)

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
7 hours ago, RWCleaning said:

Has anyone on here ever done a 2500 word post ?

I think @P4dstar has.

 

Oh sorry, I thought you meant 2500 post per day 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar
6 hours ago, Clisty1989 said:

I think @spruce is the closest active member. I'm sure @cheapncheerful went over that many a time with his ramblings, perhaps some of the senior members will confirm this (I joined as he stopped posting)

I've seen some pretty lengthy efforts from @Green Pro Clean Ltd too. Guess we will soon find out.

55 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

I think @P4dstar has.

 

Oh sorry, I thought you meant 2500 post per day 😂😂😂

🙄🙄🙄

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.