david mcwhirter

window cleaning van insurance

david mcwhirter

hello, anyone else have van insurance through axa?i tried to get insured by them they said they insure all trades but not window cleaners as we are at risk of being robbed,ive got sorted with another company but has anyone else every heard of this with axa or is it just here in belfast?

RWCleaning

I was with Axa 2 or 3 years ago. Strange.

david mcwhirter

cheers mate very strange i thought as well, all other trades bar window cleaning,well over here anyway

LAMS

Make sure you declare your water tank.

And if you use gas to run a hot water system then you carry hazardous goods, declare that as well 

Edited by LAMS

david mcwhirter

all declared mate except water heater as i dont use one,they wouldnt even insure a window cleaner even with just ladders and a bucket ffs lol

Mabozzer

I can't be certain which company but I think it's axa. Anyway someone wouldn't insure me but ended up insured by them through the broker for liability insurance. 

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Aviva.  Hot water systems no issue. £300 per year cheaper than APlan. 

LAMS
7 minutes ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

Aviva.  Hot water systems no issue. £300 per year cheaper than APlan. 

Who supplies you with a wfp van when yours is out of action?

Green Pro Clean Ltd
3 minutes ago, LAMS said:

Who supplies you with a wfp van when yours is out of action?

A plan only do this as an additional premium as well mate. So check thats what your paying for. 

As for who supplies me? I do. Now at stage where enough vans to pick up the slack in an emergency. 

LAMS
2 minutes ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

A plan only do this as an additional premium as well mate. So check thats what your paying for. 

As for who supplies me? I do. Now at stage where enough vans to pick up the slack in an emergency. 

Yeah I’ve got the van cover.

I thought that would be your answer.

I have to have it, just me, and was without van last year for a month after a customer reversed into me...

Green Pro Clean Ltd
49 minutes ago, LAMS said:

Yeah I’ve got the van cover.

I thought that would be your answer.

I have to have it, just me, and was without van last year for a month after a customer reversed into me...

Still check with Aviva I haven't asked if they do a loan van or not as I simply don't have the need for one  I was after was the lowest possible price for fully comprehensive insurance for my trade vehicles wasn't worried about a loaner at the time

Cleanco
15 hours ago, RWCleaning said:

I was with Axa 2 or 3 years ago. Strange.

Same here until I moved to Hastings for a better deal. Almost sure my public liability is with axa. 

johnny bravo

im with gladiator.  the cheapest I found , with water tank added on

P4dstar

There is a comparison site specifically for van insurance, thevaninsurer.co.uk. I found them to be the cheapest by hundreds. Even cheaper than the same companies were willing to offer direct in some cases. Once you have the quote don't sign up online, call the number at the side and explain to them about the modifications such as a tank bolted to the floor etc.