Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

window cleaning van insurance

david mcwhirter

hello, anyone else have van insurance through axa?i tried to get insured by them they said they insure all trades but not window cleaners as we are at risk of being robbed,ive got sorted with another company but has anyone else every heard of this with axa or is it just here in belfast?

Make sure you declare your water tank.

And if you use gas to run a hot water system then you carry hazardous goods, declare that as well 

Last edited:
I can't be certain which company but I think it's axa. Anyway someone wouldn't insure me but ended up insured by them through the broker for liability insurance. 

A plan only do this as an additional premium as well mate. So check thats what your paying for. 

As for who supplies me? I do. Now at stage where enough vans to pick up the slack in an emergency. 
Yeah I’ve got the van cover.

I thought that would be your answer.

I have to have it, just me, and was without van last year for a month after a customer reversed into me...

Yeah I’ve got the van cover.

I thought that would be your answer.

I have to have it, just me, and was without van last year for a month after a customer reversed into me...

Still check with Aviva I haven't asked if they do a loan van or not as I simply don't have the need for one  I was after was the lowest possible price for fully comprehensive insurance for my trade vehicles wasn't worried about a loaner at the time

There is a comparison site specifically for van insurance, thevaninsurer.co.uk. I found them to be the cheapest by hundreds. Even cheaper than the same companies were willing to offer direct in some cases. Once you have the quote don't sign up online, call the number at the side and explain to them about the modifications such as a tank bolted to the floor etc.

Latest Posts

Back