Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

need help quoting a job

noobwc

Hey everyone!

I have been asked to quote a very big job its about 100 flats (student accommodation) based in the city center.

I'm afraid i don't have any images sorry

Has anyone ever done such a job and what would you say i should quote for a job that size?

The flats are all above shops a bit like the image attached to this post

Obviously this will be the biggest job i have ever done so thought i would ask you pros first on how to quote such a job

Any help would be amazing

Capture.PNG

It’s very difficult to price a job with out pictures of the area the questions I would be asking are 

do you have the equipment needed to do the job ?

can it be done at any time of the day, or do you have people and traffic going by where you are trying to work ?

what is the frequency of the clean ? 

Type of window and what’s it made off 

if sash windows what happens if you turn up to clean and the bottom section is open ? 

Do you need to stand in the road or pavement to do any windows ? 

How long do you think it will take you ?

how high is it 3-4-5 storey ?

ime assuming you work on your own ,? A job like that it would be easier with two people but sounds like you could do it on your own but working in a city centre personally I would want to be out of there ASAP 

There are so many variables it’s impossible to give a price , try getting some photos and then that will give ones more information to be able to help you 

working above shops sounds like it’s going to be a right pain possibility people and traffic in the way , student accommodation is usually done annually so it’s filthey , we do some for a university campus . 

Being above shops is a potential nightmare, you have the added problems of extra traffic, both cars and pedestrians as well as running water falling on shop windows and their customers. You can't really do them 6am as people are asleep so my first question would be what time, and what day, can I clean them. I doubt you'll be able to do it on your own, purely for safety reasons

With it being Newcastle City Centre they could be very high as well, parking might also be dodgy so if you can give us a few more details then you might get a bit more constructive advice. 

@Pjj not laughing at your post just laughing because our replies are so similar

Being above shops is a potential nightmare, you have the added problems of extra traffic, both cars and pedestrians as well as running water falling on shop windows and their customers. You can't really do them 6am as people are asleep so my first question would be what time, and what day, can I clean them. I doubt you'll be able to do it on your own, purely for safety reasons

With it being Newcastle City Centre they could be very high as well, parking might also be dodgy so if you can give us a few more details then you might get a bit more constructive advice. 

Lol great minds think alike ??? they are the basic thoughts I would have with a job like that . Ime guessing he’s not to far from you ??? 

They have off street parking plus places I can park around the building. I have a worker with me on all jobs for h&s anyways so would be a two man crew.

I'm assuming there is no time on when I can start doing the work because it would need to be done in the early hours because of public traffic in the area these are all questions I would want answers to when I meet the guy to do the quote and will play an effect on the quote I give.

I know the area well and I have the equipment to do the job I would only need a pole extension but that's only a few quid so not really a problem.

Also it's 2 cleans per year so every six months.

They have off street parking plus places I can park around the building. I have a worker with me on all jobs for h&s anyways so would be a two man crew.

I'm assuming there is no time on when I can start doing the work because it would need to be done in the early hours because of public traffic in the area these are all questions I would want answers to when I meet the guy to do the quote and will play an effect on the quote I give.

I know the area well and I have the equipment to do the job I would only need a pole extension but that's only a few quid so not really a problem.

I'm away tomorrow, come back Thursday afternoon and got a day off Friday so if you want I can pop along and have a look at it with you if that would help. Won't try and pinch it off you as a van with a Sunderland telephone number on won't go down well in that area ?

I'm away tomorrow, come back Thursday afternoon and got a day off Friday so if you want I can pop along and have a look at it with you if that would help. Won't try and pinch it off you as a van with a Sunderland telephone number on won't go down well in that area ?
Haha to be fair with you mate if I can't do it I'll be passing them your number ?

Sadly I have to quote it Monday mate but appreciate the offer very kind of you.

Have you got the equipment to reach those windows @noobwc?

Personally I can see problems and wouldn't even bother to quote it, even if I needed the work. If you are going to have to buy a suitable pole then you will never recoop that cost on that one job. There's no guarantee the work will continue.

If its bi annual job then I would price it as a one off job so would be dearer , out of normal working hours would also affect the price , something like this would be priced very high due to all the issues , if I then got the job at least it’s more of an insensitive to do it 

Have you got the equipment to reach those windows @noobwc?

Personally I can see problems and wouldn't even bother to quote it, even if I needed the work. If you are going to have to buy a suitable pole then you will never recoop that cost on that one job. There's no guarantee the work will continue.
All I need is an extension it's 50 quid lol my average first clean cost is between 30 - 60 depending on the area so it's worth owning so in a way I'll always find a use for the extension.

If you was quoting it pjj what would your staring point be? (I get it's hard without all the info)

And thanks all who replied means alot owe yous one ?

All I need is an extension it's 50 quid lol my average first clean cost is between 30 - 60 depending on the area so it's worth owning so in a way I'll always find a use for the extension.

If you was quoting it pjj what would your staring point be? (I get it's hard without all the info)

And thanks all who replied means alot owe yous one ?

without all the facts ie pictures of the building I wouldn’t want evan attempt to price it , I wouldn’t be doing you or myself any favours , and could be underpricing it drastically or the opposite can you get any pictures ? To give us at least a fighting chance 

without all the facts ie pictures of the building I wouldn’t want evan attempt to price it , I wouldn’t be doing you or myself any favours , and could be underpricing it drastically or the opposite can you get any pictures ? To give us at least a fighting chance 
It's all okay because if it's all cheap and cheerful he's passing it over to me ?

It's all okay because if it's all cheap and cheerful he's passing it over to me ?
Defo mate well you gave me tips and met me when i first started and talked to me about all the stuff i need so if i cant do it ill defo pass you the info and give them your contact info. 

Latest Posts

Back