Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Best WFP Pole Spray

WCF

Help Support WCF:

[SIZE=12pt]Hi all. I’ve been comparing Vision Pole Spray over Dry PTFE spray for the last few months and here are the results. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]https://youtu.be/RVoZK1sc0No[/SIZE]
Hi Dave

Just watched your video ?

It is worth noting that the WD40 brand dry-film PTFE spray is, in our testing, not a good brand of dry-film PTFE spray. It is has too high an oil content and does not truly coat the surface the way a commercial grade dry-film PTFE will. When I tested it several years ago it dried very slowly if at all, did not bond well to the carbon surface and wore off quickly. If anything it ended up attracting some dirt to the surface. Therefore I have been recommending to clients and on forums for several years now when asked, not to use the WD-40 brand of PTFE spray. By contrast commercial grade dry-film PTFE spray (as used in the manufacturing industry) flash dries in seconds and leaves a truly non-stick surface.

Not tested the Vision brand myself, but I imagine that it is probably a more 'commercial' grade of Dry-Film PTFE which is why it feels better in use than the WD-40 brand.

I currenttly use the WD-40 PTFE spray and I agree, I'm not overly fond with it. Takes forever to dry and it does seem to wear off quickly. I'll probably be binning it and trying something else.

Great to hear that Alex. Be good if you tested the Vision and let us know your results. 

I agree with what you say about the WD 40 PTFE spray. It does feel oily 

Thanks for the info

I probably will not carry out tests on the Vision spray as we are very happy with our own commercial grade PTFE dry-Film spray that we have been supplying for many years now.

Of course if someone sends me a 'free' can I may give it a go! ?

I’ve been using the Action Can version.    Better than WD-40 in my opinion. Dries nice and quick if a little cloudy finish to start with. Drying virtual invisible in final stages. Over a course of a ‘couple ’ of minutes. 

500 ml for £5.49 inc vat. 

F1CC5B0B-54FA-48D1-A7D1-91984B80B558.jpeg

Very interesting just a shame there is no Vision Spray on their website, although I have recently bought 2 cans of the brand that Gardiners sell on their website which should last me a while yet, Although it has to be said it doesn't build up layers on worn sections I consider more of a way to help reduce external and internal wear in daily use.

Personally on worn sections after fully dismantling my pole and giving it a good rinse with the hose pipe and drying it off I use Plasti-Kote Matt Spray  I give two light coats of this which dries really quickly but to fully allow it to cure I pop each section on the radiator for 15 minutes or so once you can't take it off with a fingernail you know its fully cured I then replace all the stop tape and I then apply 2-3 heavy coats of https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/ptfe-spray-400-ml.html 

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
just order a bottle of the stuff gardiners sell next time you order anything from their website.its the best dry film PTFE spray for carbon poles.....and ive used loads of others over the years(WD40 etc)....

I guess you mean Clear Coat in Matt finish?

I mean the stuff in the link I have used various lacquers in the past and this beats them as it  goes on really well not to heavy and sticky which is what I've found with other stuff I've used in the past 

@Alex Gardiner I was just wondering what your thoughts are on this https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/chemical-guys-speed-wipe I used some on top of the PTFE spray one day as a trial all these types of sprays are silicone based but I wasn't sure if it would affect the carbon in any way, my plan would be to use on top of PTFE at all times I simply spray it on to a cloth then wipe down each section and reassemble the pole.   

@Alex Gardiner I was just wondering what your thoughts are on this https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/chemical-guys-speed-wipe I used some on top of the PTFE spray one day as a trial all these types of sprays are silicone based but I wasn't sure if it would affect the carbon in any way, my plan would be to use on top of PTFE at all times I simply spray it on to a cloth then wipe down each section and reassemble the pole.   
Hi Iron Giant

Looking at this I cannot see a reason why it would adversely affect the carbon structure itself - so should be no problem there.

What use improvements did you find by using it?

Personally, I find the movement of each section when extending and collapsing each section a lot smoother and when I have worked on damp days were grit can be more of an issue the extra layer of protection definitely helps, as a comparison of sorts as I detail my wifes car, I consider the PTFE spray to be like a polish with a waxy finish and the QD locks that protective layer in for a longer period, I have used another one as and again they are silicone based products.

Latest Posts

Back