Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I think this is to cheap

Iain jones

My partner was talking to her mum and asked if she still had a window cleaner, she said yes so my partner asked how much does he charge, she replied a tenner. 

It is a 3 bed terraced 

Think it's traditional clean 

Sounds about right to me all be the description very vague as you can get some very big 3 bed terrace. If it’s one of the smaller ones then I do some that sound similar for £8 and manage what I’d like to think is a good hourly rate. If you think it’s too cheap you may need to speed up a bit or get some better work. Saying that though you can get some big terrace that are easily worth £15. 

There’s no too cheap and no too expensive. It’s what you want and whether someone is happy to pay it.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

I’ve told this before on here - I do a house for £50 and the previous window cleaner was Charing £15.5-bed. With large connie. Sounds like BS but it’s really not. The other guy never put his price up ever and was an old man who’d been cleaning them for years. 

Some windies want beer & *** money, some want a nice house like his customers and take his family on nice holidays abroad.  It’s all a state of mind.  Some earning a few quid, some definitely in business. 

There’s no too cheap and no too expensive. It’s what you want and whether someone is happy to pay it.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

I’ve told this before on here - I do a house for £50 and the previous window cleaner was Charing £15.5-bed. With large connie. Sounds like BS but it’s really not. The other guy never put his price up ever and was an old man who’d been cleaning them for years. 

Some windies want beer & *** money, some want a nice house like his customers and take his family on nice holidays abroad.  It’s all a state of mind.  Some earning a few quid, some definitely in business. 
Spot on the mate. There’s no window cleaners price guide. 

I got chatting to another window cleaner on Monday who was charging £12 trad for 4/5 bed detached houses that I charge £20- £25 WFP. He admitted he hadn’t put the prices up in about 12 years. 

3 bed semi I’d charge £12-£15

Latest Posts

Back