Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dual inline TDS metre

CHWS

So I’ve an inline dual TDS Meter for both reels and also a handheld TDS metre. Inline TDS metre said my resin bottle No.1 needed changed at 2ppm and handheld also read 2ppm. So changed it and inline read 0ppm and handheld reads 2ppm calibrated the handheld back to 0ppm. Now the other inline TDS reading prong when put into the sample of pure it reads 7ppm and has been giving a false reading of my other resin bottle even when tested with the handheld TDS metre. Is it a case of just screwing of the back of the inline metre and turning a screw like the handheld ?

hope this makes sense ?

I have had a hunt around online and some do have a screw which you can re-calibrate them with, unfortunately, that's all I can tell you as I don't have one myself only handheld which keeps stopping working after just been stored in the shed and hardly get used 

I have had a hunt around online and some do have a screw which you can re-calibrate them with, unfortunately, that's all I can tell you as I don't have one myself only handheld which keeps stopping working after just been stored in the shed and hardly get used 

It says on the back recalibrate with some initials. I’ll maybe open it up and have a look 

The only advice I can give is, you shouldn’t start a sentence with ‘so’ ?
Thats just what they taught you in school during the 1930's mate, get with the times ?

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/can-i-start-a-sentence-with-a-conjunction

It says on the back recalibrate with some initials. I’ll maybe open it up and have a look 
Not sure if this is relevant to your model or not but might help...

https://www.theaquariumsolution.com/sites/default/files/downloads/Inline TDS meter instructions.pdf

The only vodka I has was vanilla Smirnoff lol . I dipped it in it and cleaned with kitchen roll but it didn’t help. It’s ******* me off to be honest because it wasnt working since I got it and I should have sent it back 

The only vodka I has was vanilla Smirnoff lol . I dipped it in it and cleaned with kitchen roll but it didn’t help. It’s ******* me off to be honest because it wasnt working since I got it and I should have sent it back 
Mate. It’s not that bad. Screw the lid back on the Vodka don’t be tempted. Don’t let a TDS meter push you over the edge

With the in line meter it only takes the reading when the water is running. If you put the probe into a cup of water it will always be higher.

You also have to make sure the probes are in line with the flow of water because if they are not in line the reading will be higher.

Back