Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Public indemnity insurance

DJT

Hi All,

I have been able to get on the books for a property management company however to make it official they need insurance certificates. I Have got PL insurance to £5million so no problems there. However they are asking for Professional Indemnity Insurance certificate which i haven't got at all. Is this a necessity when working with third parties? is it worth getting and have people found it expensive? I know i only paid £100 or so for me  PL.

Cheers in advance 

Personally don't see why you need it as you're not giving advice and unless you're given the personal details of their clients you can't abuse the information. 

However if it's potentially a good client a £100 a year bill isn't exactly a deal breaker

This is what i thought Part timer, I may ask them if it is necessary, however will have a chat with my insurance company for a quote, see what they say. 

Personally don't see why you need it as you're not giving advice and unless you're given the personal details of their clients you can't abuse the information. 

However if it's potentially a good client a £100 a year bill isn't exactly a deal breaker

I think this will be the next way to get way to get more money out of our pockets , total rip off , but as usual I expect it will become a “must have insurance” I think my reply would be certainly I’ll get it and put up there price for the job by the premium price per year ???

Latest Posts

Back