Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Submersible pump

Posh

I now have to park about a 100+ feet away from my house until April so can anyone recommend a pump that will pump from my tank to my van that distance 

Time isn’t really a problem but don’t want to be there all day ???

only need to pump 200 litres every other day.

cheers

100ft is only 30ish metres? Normal submersible pump should cope with that comfortably. I have the basic submersible pump from Screwfix, cost £40. The extra power in the next model up should suffice for that comfortably. Gonna set you back £100 including the hose though. Go in and ask them their opinion, then if it doesn't pump that far you can return it?

I’ve always wondered what that was for

100ft is only 30ish metres? Normal submersible pump should cope with that comfortably. I have the basic submersible pump from Screwfix, cost £40. The extra power in the next model up should suffice for that comfortably. Gonna set you back £100 including the hose though. Go in and ask them their opinion, then if it doesn't pump that far you can return it?
Cheers for that

i will use my normal pole hose as I said I’m not to bothered by time

if it fills in an hour or so fine

I'm in the same situation with having to pump the water approx 30m. If I use normal 12.5mm garden hose will this damage the pump? It's an 1100w 20000l/h submersible pump.

I'm in the same situation with having to pump the water approx 30m. If I use normal 12.5mm garden hose will this damage the pump? It's an 1100w 20000l/h submersible pump.
My mates been using garden hose with his hot tub and a flood pump for about 5 years so I reckon you should be fine.

Most ibc tank lids are too small for most pumps that’s why they are cut out and widened hard to get a 200ml opening lid already fitted 
Just cut a nice symmetrical cross in the top. Grab a heat gun and give it a blast to melt it back into shape and hold it together with some duck tape. Some people just cut 2 lines in a pineapple shape but it's not a fancy looking is it @Den

5G6Ic+UyQfqc2ltWempO4g.jpg

Back