Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lets Talk Brushes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Viggers

My favourite subject. What is your go to brush for domestic window cleaning. Mine is currently the Gardiner Supreme, either the medium mixed bristle or the Black Flocked version. I have the Supreme Dupont as well but prefer the black flocked version. It is light good on the frames and does a good clean on the glass and gets a bit off the top sills as well. I have tried all the sill brushes Gardiner an Xline but cant get on with them so settled with the Gardiner Supreme

I love any brush that doesn't splay too easily.

My brushes are extreme's 10 and 14", tucker dual trim, ultimate medium mixed, hybrid and flocked, an X-line Dupont and a constructor ( can't get on with the constructor) 

Brushes ??, always my favourite subject, I have so many I think it's a fetish.

Currently having tried all of xline and Gardiner's, is the one that has been dropped by Gardiner's. 

The Supreme soft with natural bristle.

Typical, now that I've found the perfect brushes for me, there discontinued. ???

Is this a sill brush with Dupont bristles? 
Hi @Damo, it’s an extreme sill brush.

I said years ago how I thought this might be a good idea, now Alex is bringing them out.

I’m keeping an eye on my p.m’s ready for a message about my commission ?

I take it you will be purchasing the new sill brush from Gardiners when It comes out Steve
Certainly will be. Always preferred sill brushes, but the weight is a pain

I take it you will be purchasing the new sill brush from Gardiners when It comes out Steve
Blimey Gardiner won’t know what’s hit them when they release that!

You won’t see a gang of guys this excited since when they printed that Paedo’s address in the paper (pheonix nights joke) 

I’ll definitely will be buying the extreme sill as well. Atm my most used brush is ultimate DuPont. 

Alex has been talking of a lighter sill brush for years now ha! 

180 Grams would be perfect. If it’s an extreme it could be less? 

Funny couldn't see how anyone could clean sills without sill brush so I had to have one,to begin with.Then I was given a gardiner,the one your sposed to start with,sorry get confused with the variety.Its a dual mono anyway.Ive been using it today,and I like it.It has pencils,that I can now get on with,couldnt at first,wanted a rinse bar,thats why I bought the Xline sill.I wanted a swivel,so I bought one from gardiner,put it on the Xline.Great but soon found I needed a bit of agoose neck(the swivel was only short and couldn't clean above standing in narrow areas,not without getting soaked myself.The gardiner has a longer angle adaptor and that, to my surprise sits quite well on the sills.Live n lean.Only thing is I like the look of gardiners sill,with the curved up ends.Although as time goes on,iam not banging the brickwork with the gardiner as much as I did. Cheers

Love the extremes 26cm DuPont hybrid extreme 35cm medium hybrid.

Ultimate DuPont, medium soft, flock and medium with rinsebar.

think the ultimate medium is a great winter brush and brilliant with the rinsebar.

the extremes and other ultimate brushes  all have great scrubbing power for all year cleaning. 

Currently using superlite flocked as bought a couple when they went on sale a while back, and a medium mixed sill for fsg and bad first cleans.

Will be getting and extreme sill when it comes out.

@Alex Gardiner, are you still bringing out the 35cm universal, or has that been shelved? If so I'll be having one of them as well.

Currently using superlite flocked as bought a couple when they went on sale a while back, and a medium mixed sill for fsg and bad first cleans.

Will be getting and extreme sill when it comes out.

@Alex Gardiner, are you still bringing out the 35cm universal, or has that been shelved? If so I'll be having one of them as well.

This product is still going to be released. We are having one small change being made to the tooling to accommodate a new jet system and then it will be released - hopefully within the next 2-3 months.

Will the current sill brush be discontinued? 

Im guessing that your second best selling brush or maybe first.  

With the Universal Sill brush and the new Xtreme Sill brush, I think that we will have all bases more effectively covered and the now aging (but still popular) radius sill brush can hang up its bristles and will be able to retire gracefully!

The suspense...how long will I have to wait? Thanks

2-3 months - which ever brush is ready first will feature the new system - so probably the 35cm universal Sill.

Blimey I need to have a chat with my guys and see if they wanna stock pile lol. One guy will only use a sill brush. Tried everything with him. Eek! 

Any specs on the extreme sill? 

Back