Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How clean are the windows!!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Damo

I love this time of the year! The windows are so easy to clean its unreal. I've come across a fair about of bird **** but that's about it! 

Some of the houses I am cleaning are literally spotless!

Entirely agree Damo. I was only thinking this very thing over the last couple of days. The air is still , no spiders mess about, everything looks like I cleaned it the day before. Been getting through the work so much faster as well. Love it.?

Yes they do look good even the big farm houses and rural properties I which are exposed to the elements. 

Any of you just shown up, checked the windows, and if they look good just popped a ticket through if they’re out? 

LOL! They’re clean but not that clean! I couldn’t do that though but I bet some do or just do fronts etc. Well I know some cleaners do as we’ve picked up his work. 

I gotta disagree on this one. you put two identical houses next to eachother, ones had a clean and the other cleaned a month ago I can see the difference, especially on white sills and luckily a lot of the house proud housewives see the difference else they'd all want 2 monthly or worse.  

Also remember they can read these forums  :1f609:

I gotta disagree on this one. you put two identical houses next to eachother, ones had a clean and the other cleaned a month ago I can see the difference, especially on white sills and luckily a lot of the house proud housewives see the difference else they'd all want 2 monthly or worse.  

Yeh I was obviously joking. I would never do the above. A friend of mine was canvassing a couple of years back, and he picked up a bungalow with a elderly lady living there, apparently the old cleaner, trad cleaner, was doing that what I mentioned above, just went round with a cloth or something quickly. 

The nosey neighbour watched him one day then told her. My mate said some of the windows were baldy blown so if the sills & frames looked cleaned I guess he sadly got away with it. What goes around comes around I guess, if he was that much of a cowboy I imagine he’s got very little long term customers. 

yeh mate I didnt think any of us would do that. Yeh gotta watch out for the noseys too, I know of a case round here where a fella was caught short and seen by neighbours peeing in the garden. not saying I aint been a bit desperate at times, another reason to turn down those cups of tea lol.

All my customers are elderly and don't work so most are usually in and good for collecting. All it takes is for someone to notice you and your credibility is down the drain. That's why I wouldn't like to employ anyone, heard all the stories and doesn't come back on the employee. Even if you are having a bad day, its better to grind it out or come back another.

exactly, also I'd have to trust an employee 110% as often theres windows open with money on shelf etc. Not worth risk.

Yep, I couldn't NOT do them. It would show somewhere. Anyway, surely we should pride ourselves on our integrity and professionalism? I picked up a customer whose previous cleaner collected a payment she'd left out for him and went without doing them. He hadn't realised she was indoors and her car was in the garage. It lead to a lot of customers for me. 

Only had one woman pull me up regarding my work. She said I left the window with soap suds all down it. I went up and she pointed it out but I told her it was inside the unit. I offered to replace the unit for her but at over £100. She declined and was a bit embarrassed because it was nothing to do with me.

I had similar, it was condensation/misting on the inside of a large double glazed section. It was already there but I couldn't convince and the job was lost. Shame as it was a nice 30 job. See it a lot, where in the end the seals fail/perish. for future I think I'll point it out before I start a job.

I love this time of the year! The windows are so easy to clean its unreal. I've come across a fair about of bird **** but that's about it! 

Some of the houses I am cleaning are literally spotless!
its not just the windows that are cleaner this time of year,its the lack of garden furniture getting in your way,most windows closed and customers not as willing to come out and talk to you which also speeds you up....?

everything could change though with a few days of storms/gale force winds.........

its not just the windows that are cleaner this time of year,its the lack of garden furniture getting in your way,most windows closed and customers not as willing to come out and talk to you which also speeds you up....?

everything could change though with a few days of storms/gale force winds.........
Very true, and the lack of spider nests and poo. ?

Only had one woman pull me up regarding my work. She said I left the window with soap suds all down it. I went up and she pointed it out but I told her it was inside the unit. I offered to replace the unit for her but at over £100. She declined and was a bit embarrassed because it was nothing to do with me.
Haha.. same with me, a old guys house has quite a few sliding patio doors which I trad and wipe the excess crud out of the tracks along the sill... he rings me up 5 mins after leaving saying " you left a bit of foam in one of the tracks but wiped the sill, you normally do a good job but on this occasion............. you haven't, we'll say  o more about it, bye" ..... yes bye bye sir good luck finding a new cleaner who put a up with your condescending attitude for 9 years ! ?

Haha.. same with me, a old guys house has quite a few sliding patio doors which I trad and wipe the excess crud out of the tracks along the sill... he rings me up 5 mins after leaving saying " you left a bit of foam in one of the tracks but wiped the sill, you normally do a good job but on this occasion............. you haven't, we'll say  o more about it, bye" ..... yes bye bye sir good luck finding a new cleaner who put a up with your condescending attitude for 9 years ! ?
i had a customer once who was so fussy he made me get up the ladder again to dry off ONE DRIP OF WATER ON A WINDOW SILL!i dumped him after that and that was over 10 years ago now,i still clean the other posh houses in the little cul de sac he lives on....i still wave at him from time to time...he hates it!?

yeh mate I didnt think any of us would do that. Yeh gotta watch out for the noseys too, I know of a case round here where a fella was caught short and seen by neighbours peeing in the garden. not saying I aint been a bit desperate at times, another reason to turn down those cups of tea lol.
A windy on an estate I'm on got caught on CCTV peeing in the garden. I saw on the community Fb group- he got absolutely roasted! Don't know how many custys he lost. 

The funny thing is, I bet there aren't many at all who haven't gone in a 'convenient place' at least once. Not saying it's right, just more common that people think.

A windy on an estate I'm on got caught on CCTV peeing in the garden. I saw on the community Fb group- he got absolutely roasted! Don't know how many custys he lost. 

The funny thing is, I bet there aren't many at all who haven't gone in a 'convenient place' at least once. Not saying it's right, just more common that people think.
i have  a large sports bottle in my van and pee in that(lean in at the side van door)but i also occasionally pee in grids around the back of some houses if im desperate.......all window cleaners do it....you have to watch out for the CCTV these days though!?

I love winter work, I could work in the cold all year around. I should have been born in Iceland or the Arctic....maybe I'll emigrate and start a round.....

Latest Posts

Back