Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

john guest question

ks789

Hi, I was thinking of trying out some john guest fittings instead of ez snap. need to connect from minibore to standard 5mm pole hose that the slx comes with, and from gardiners backpack with its standard bit of hose that comes attached to it. I missed daqua, and gardiners I believe, dont take phone calls now? Im not too sure on the specs, like names of this or that, how many mm etc as I just have the kit I started with really. Really wanted to get it tomorrow, so I see that toolstation do john guest fittings. Anyone know if these will do, or do only our wfp outlets have the right ones?

many thanks.

When I used to use JG fittings it was with a tubeless set up so a JG fitting at the base of the hose with around 8" of sticking out of the pole and connect the rest of the pole hose at the start of a job or block of work. 

Hi, I was thinking of trying out some john guest fittings instead of ez snap. need to connect from minibore to standard 5mm pole hose that the slx comes with, and from gardiners backpack with its standard bit of hose that comes attached to it. I missed daqua, and gardiners I believe, dont take phone calls now? Im not too sure on the specs, like names of this or that, how many mm etc as I just have the kit I started with really. Really wanted to get it tomorrow, so I see that toolstation do john guest fittings. Anyone know if these will do, or do only our wfp outlets have the right ones?

many thanks.

Hi ks789

We do take phone calls and can happily advise on such matters over the phone. To get a  call back from us please either email the team on [email protected] with your phone number or give us a call on 01726 66400 and leave your name and number on our callback system - we usually call back within the hour.

Whilst we do not stock most of these parts, the following John Guest parts may allow you to do what you want:

2x John Guest 1/4" Stem to 5/16" barb fittings (Part No. PI250810S) - to fit to the Minibore hose and the backpack outlet hose (we do not stock this item)

2x John Guest 1/4" to 1/4 equal straight connectors (Part NO. PI0408S)- to then push fit on to the above stem fittings which makes the Minibore and backpack outlets a female fitting

1x John Guest 1/4" Stem to 1/4" barb fittings (Part No. PI250808S) - to fit to the Pole Hose (we do not stock this item)

Of course there are many other combinations of John Guest parts you could use, but most other options would involve the use of screw thread parts as well.

Why don't you source them from the guy who just gave you the part numbers?
Alex states on the post that he doesnt stock them.  Also I tried daqua and they dont stock them. So anyway, have decided to give the slick connect a go.

Back