Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Change of Business Name

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Poles Apart

Getting sick of customers making excuses this time of year cancelling lost £60 of jobs today one came out and turned me away at the door saying "not today Thank you" she was instantly sacked another one said they were having a problem with the back gate but I didn't believe it another one said it "wasn't worth it", well next month they'll be texted explaining they will all have to sign up for Direct Debit before we attend and the fronts will be done if they are out, I'm changing my Business name to the Loreal Window Cleaning Company......because I'm worth it?    

It's a difficult one. People are changing. Maybe some think it's our hobby rather than our living.

if someone cancels an odd time I'm ok with it, if it carries on I cancel them. Only had one though. 

Getting sick of customers making excuses this time of year cancelling lost £60 of jobs today one came out and turned me away at the door saying "not today Thank you" she was instantly sacked another one said they were having a problem with the back gate but I didn't believe it another one said it "wasn't worth it", well next month they'll be texted explaining they will all have to sign up for Direct Debit before we attend and the fronts will be done if they are out, I'm changing my Business name to the Loreal Window Cleaning Company......because I'm worth it?    
Don't let the b@5t4rd5 grind you down mate. I was having a sh1tter two weeks ago, Tuffers was having one last week. Your turn this week it looks like mate.

I put a lot of mine down to giving up smoking but I started to see these posts from people who have 13 new customers this month etc etc etc... Gave my head a wobble and cracked on. 5 New customers this week. Just be glad to be rid of them mate, onwards and upwards. The more you replace the weeds with good customers the better your round becomes.

Change your name to something like "Ronnie and Reggies window cleaning" and tell all your customers that your partner wouldn't be "too happy" about cancellations.

Seriously though, it happens to us all from time to time. Having a zero tolerance policy could be shooting yourself in the foot, if I had acted upon all my feelings over the years I would possibly only have a handful of customers left. You have to ask yourself sometimes-"is it just my ego?"  Life would be easier without mine for sure.

Seriously though, it happens to us all from time to time. Having a zero tolerance policy could be shooting yourself in the foot, if I had acted upon all my feelings over the years I would possibly only have a handful of customers left. You have to ask yourself sometimes-"is it just my ego?"  Life would be easier without mine for sure.
I read some of the posts on here about ''dealing with customers'' and I can't understand how some have any customers left. I think it is important to find a balance between being arrogant and being ''just the window cleaner''. I enjoy a good rant on here about horrible customers or members of the public sometimes the same as I used to at my colleagues where I used to work... Problems start if that spills over and the customer gets wind of it.

It’s easy to have a strict policy when you are well established and don’t need any extra work you can afford to be fussy about who you take on , but when starting out you take on anything well I did anyway but soon realised that these messers cost you a lot of time and loss if earnings I think you need to start as you mean to go on set your stall out when quoting explain that its a 4, 8 weekly servjce and you work in all weathers all year round , if they then want to alter frequency providing it’s one you offer then that’s fine but the price will also alter , if they cancle then fine find customers that fit your buisness plan it might take longer but weeds out the messers , I think half the time it’s us ascleaners not explaining properly to the customer what we expect of them , they have to accept it’s a full time job not a hobby , years ago I had a woman say to me leave it today looks like it might rain , I said how would you feel if every time it looked like it might rain your husband was sent home from his job ? How would you pay your bills ? Depending how they answer they are either cleaned or they are dumped simple as that , we don’t get this type of customer any more as they have been dumped , this is probably why some are experiencing this as some other cleaner has dumped them before , I have had several ex customers phone asking for us to start again , I just tell them Ime to busy cleaning for others who want a year round service , and suggest they google window cleaners , ime mot intrested in arguing with them . We have more than enough work and only take on the occasional domestic job to replace ones that have moved or have died , 

Back