Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Favourite film(s) and why

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RWCleaning

Watched a few over Xmas and got me thinking, what are my favourite films.?Tricky. But in no specific order:

Lord of the rings Trilogy 

Intersteller

Saving Private Ryan

Equilibrium 

Empire Strikes back

Terminator 2 

Shutter island

They're films that I’ll never get bored of. There’s more but don’t want to bore you.

But I’m interested to see if you guys mention any hidden gems I’ve not seen? 

Some of them seem a bit **** now because I've seen them 20 times but films such as braveheart and gladiator were amazing when they came out. Last samurai is also fantastic.

Saving private Ryan, Shawshank redemption, the god father, goodfellas

And Denzel Washington films man on fire, training day..

Million Dollar baby is probably one of the best I've seen in recent years 

We were soldiers

Platoon

Full metal jacket

Tears of the sun

American sniper

Kajaki

Hurt locker

Black hawk down

Notice a theme lol
Have you seen the new Dunkirk ?

I saw it at the cinema insense screen when it came out out, that was experience. By far the best cinema experience. 

quadrophenia - what an iconic classic. The whole story, not just the punch ups with the rockers. I saw a lot of my own growing up pains same as jimmy, always learning the hard way, own worst enemy etc. And is just a great film.

Castaway - Its a tradition we always watch it round one of my mates homes after a drink, must be over 20 times now but we never tire of it, his mrs bit fed up of it now lol. is a great film, and you can imagine yourself being in such a situation and how you;d cope (or not)

Might get stick for the next one, but:

Far from the madding crowd - the original one. I love old english classics from the 60s/70s. They cant seem to do them like it anymore. This film portrays life in those old times really well. A great film.

Ryans daughter - Another classic. A lot of it filmed in Dingle, Ireland where Ive stayed. Beautiful backdrops, and a rugged realistic classic.

Oliver twist -  The old one, not the stupid politically correct version. Love dickens' london. Another bit of our old heritage. ( I love history, is why a lot of these are oldies)

Great expectations ) (as above)

The deerhunter - Classic vietnam film. Just superbly done, and seems realistic, disturbing as it is. What it could do to any of us if we were in that situation.

Kevin and perry go large - such a laugh. certainly will cheer you up this film.

Supergrass - from the comic strip team. they did a whole load of mini dramas in the 80s, but this one was a film and is hilarious, same as all their stuff. The comic strips made ade edmondson/rick mayal/ french/saunders etc, we still watch these now. ?

Lord of War. If I wasn't  window cleaner I would definitely be an arms dealer ?

Equilibrium and the Matrix a close second and third.

I'm a much bigger fan of series though. Don't think anything will ever top breaking bad.

I'm a much bigger fan of series though. Don't think anything will ever top breaking bad.
Yeh Equilibrium is a underrated film, a lot of mates have never seen it. I prefer it to the matrix (I don’t know why I compare it but I do lol) matrix the 1st was ace, I found the 2nd ok but 3rd went off the rails for me. 

Yeh Equilibrium is a underrated film, a lot of mates have never seen it. I prefer it to the matrix (I don’t know why I compare it but I do lol) matrix the 1st was ace, I found the 2nd ok but 3rd went off the rails for me. 
I watched the third one after a smoke once, completely understood it. In the morning I'd forgotten what I had understood ?

They're both basically conspiracy theory films about the way the future may pan out, thats probably why you put them together.

Now your talking. I binge watched that, was great, and the spin off, better call saul I think was called? Dont get many series that good. 

Now your talking. I binge watched that, was great, and the spin off, better call saul I think was called? Dont get many series that good. 
GOT, The walking dead are good alternatives too.

I'm a massive binge watcher. Did Breaking bad in 2 weeks, caught up with the walking dead in 3 weeks. I've just started on Brooklyn 99 and the good place on Netflix. Nothing fills the void that Breaking bad left though unfortunately.

GOT, The walking dead are good alternatives too.

I'm a massive binge watcher. Did Breaking bad in 2 weeks, caught up with the walking dead in 3 weeks. I've just started on Brooklyn 99 and the good place on Netflix. Nothing fills the void that Breaking bad left though unfortunately.
Yeh that was a masterpiece. very clever and really kept you on the edge of the seat. Makes me wonder too, you never know who the mister bigs might be in the drug world. All the local freemasons were out with their briefcases last night, I walk past their meeting hall, and I wonder how many fingers in pies they have? I knew a local fella, businessman, was a mason, local police let him off drink driving for many years, kept warning him, and in the end they had to do him. but goes to show.

Box sets series never appeal too much to me especially big long (normally American) ones. I just finished watching ‘skins’ English series that finished a few years back but is on 4OD. 

I remember a ex girlfriend kept telling me I ‘need to watch 24” I still haven’t. But hear it was one of the best? 

Going back to films, the dark night trilogy of batman films were awesom, especially with the joker. 

Box sets series never appeal too much to me especially big long (normally American) ones. I just finished watching ‘skins’ English series that finished a few years back but is on 4OD. 

I remember a ex girlfriend kept telling me I ‘need to watch 24” I still haven’t. But hear it was one of the best? 

Going back to films, the dark night trilogy of batman films were awesom, especially with the joker. 
The last batman film in the trilogy was complete turd if you ask me.

I'm into my Netflix series as well @P4dstar All the marvel ones, punisher, daredevil, Luke cage and iron fist. For comic TV shows a lot darker and adult orientated. Also watched titans. 

If you want something different watch sex education, watched all 8 in 2 days when it came out, funny and cringe worthy at the same time

E.T

Star Wars

Its a wonderful life

Holiday In 

Untouchables 

The lion King

Lord of the Rings

all World war 2 films including the old black and white ones 

Toombstone - the only movie to feature Val Kilmer where he actually acted - truly epic. 

Ip Man

Law Abiding Citizen

Leon 

The Godfather Trilogy 

Apocalypse Now 

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest

Saving Private Ryan 

Harry Brown - Totally brutal made me cringe some of the scenes 

John Wick  - A good fun watch

Box Sets =

Band of Brothers - If you have not seen this take the week off now and start watching - the biographical clips of the veterans telling their stories had me in tears. 

Breaking Bad

Better Call Saul 

The Crown

You Tube = 

The B1M 

TED Talks 

And of course I can't forget hiding behind the sofa watching Jaws

Latest Posts

Back