Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure freedom auto shut off valve problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Adman

Hi all, I've just fitted the pure freedom auto shut-off solenoid valve to my static tank and it doesn't appear to be shutting off...I tried testing it by flipping the float when the tank was empty and It shut closed, then released it and it didn't come back on again until I depressurised the main water supply hose.  I then reconnected the hose and it hasn't shut off properly, water is still creeping through but very slowly.  If  flip the float up and down I can hear the solenoid clicking...

Is it directional?  Have I got the water going into the outlet or something?

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers

Ad

I've got a pure freedom auto shut off solenoid too @Adman. I've had problems with mine in the past (not the same as yours) I had the float collect swarf from where PF had cut my IBC and the float stay open letting water fill still and flood the garage at least 3 times. I've also had a problem where the solenoid wouldn't open the valve. Try wiggling the wires on it? You can have a look a mine to see if yours is set up the same if you want, I'm probably not too far from you.

I've got a pure freedom auto shut off solenoid too @Adman. I've had problems with mine in the past (not the same as yours) I had the float collect swarf from where PF had cut my IBC and the float stay open letting water fill still and flood the garage at least 3 times. I've also had a problem where the solenoid wouldn't open the valve. Try wiggling the wires on it? You can have a look a mine to see if yours is set up the same if you want, I'm probably not too far from you.

Do you know if it's directional?  It can't be can it?  Also, I'm assuming it's normally closed , so in case of a loss of power it shuts down.  I've just unplugged it and I can hear the water going through it...I think it's faulty ?

Where abouts are you?  

PS I never heard back on that gutter guard quote - they won't even answer my emails...must have gone in too high lol

Do you know if it's directional?  It can't be can it?  Also, I'm assuming it's normally closed , so in case of a loss of power it shuts down.  I've just unplugged it and I can hear the water going through it...I think it's faulty ?

Where abouts are you?  

PS I never heard back on that gutter guard quote - they won't even answer my emails...must have gone in too high lol

Not sure if it's directional but it does look like it needs to be fitted a certain way round. It should be closed if no power is present.

I'm between Worcester and Hereford.

IMG_0460.JPG

Not sure if it's directional but it does look like it needs to be fitted a certain way round. It should be closed if no power is present.

I'm between Worcester and Hereford.

View attachment 15551

Thanks for the photo.  Mine is plumbed in the other way around, but I fail to see why that matters...if its letting water through when its unplugged then its knacked imo..

Where abouts are you?  

It was a long time ago when I fitted mine and I'm sure it could only be fitted in one direction. There should be an arrow on it advising which direction the flow of water should be running in through it.

Thanks guys, fitted it the other way round and it works !!  Couldn't see the little arrow when I installed it as it was getting dark .

Do they leak at the hole in the tank where the float goes?  It's just a push in bung so can't see it being water tight ..

Back