Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Prevent ice skating.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

David K

Dont know about you guys , but in these days i always carry a can of road-salt in the van , Many times it could get dangerous on stairways and generally round the house after a wfp clean in these subzero temps. 

Any of you lot doing it ?

i carry ice melt grit and a sweeping brush in the van during the cold winter months,i always ask the customer first as some people DONT want you put grit down,i usually just sweep any standing water away from footpaths and doorways and avoid getting water on some front/back doors and just cloth them on very cold days.....

I just avoided the front doors this morning as the roads were still frozen, I usually carry a 20kg bag of rock salt but decided to avoid the doors and save flafing about. 

Great to hear im not the only one , guessing one could get quite a lawsuit on you if they fell and got injured. 
If you've informed them that you are coming and warned them of potential of ice then as they've allowed you to work on their property then I'd be very surprised if, excuse the pun, they would have a leg to stand on. 

I just wipe doors if freezing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
i put a bit of grit down on a few of my elderly customers sloping driveways today as its forecast to freeze overnight tonight....its nothing to do with me cleaning the windows as it was sleeting/raining anyway most of the day....just good customer service IMO.....and some of these old folk have been my customers for 20+ years.....

Back