Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Terraced Victorian town houses

davewindowcleaner

A lady came up to me yesterday wanted me to clean her windows.

The trouble is, she doesn't have back gate. The only way for me to clean her back Windows is to go though the house.

Anyway we agreed on a price of £10 every 8 weeks front only as she normally at work in the week and there isnt anybody else to let me in.

I don't normally bother with houses that don't have access to the back but on this occasion I am happy to do front only £10.

It be interesting to see how long this arrangement will last, at some point I am sure she will get fed up having a clean front Windows and dirty back Windows.

Do any of you guys have many work where you just clean the front only?

Last edited by a moderator:
I do a large Victorian Terraced house that has been converted into 3 flats. I do the front only every month for £5 per flat and maybe's twice a year, at most, I get asked to do the back. They do have a back gate though.  

We do quite a few Victorian terraced houses front only done them for years , never do the backs as no access , like you we charge £10 per front can easily do 7 per hour nice little earner wish I I had a lot more , I would try canvassing all the  naibours as well 

Last edited by a moderator:
We do quite a few Victorian terraced houses front only done them for years , never do the backs as no access , like you we charge £10 per front can easily do 7 per hour nice little earner wish I I had a lot more , I would try canvassing all the  naibours as well 
It got me thinking if I can get  at least another 4 more it would be a nice £50 earner for roughly 30 min work.

A lady came up to me yesterday wanted me to clean her windows.

The trouble is, she doesn't have back gate. The only way for me to clean her back Windows is to go though the house.

Anyway we agreed on a price of £10 every 8 weeks front only as she normally at work in the week and there isnt anybody else to let me in.

I don't normally bother with houses that don't have access to the back but on this occasion I am happy to do front only £10.

It be interesting to see how long this arrangement will last, at some point I am sure she will get fed up having a clean front Windows and dirty back Windows.

Do any of you guys have many work where you just clean the front only?
yeah i have a few front onlys on very compact estate work.....some of them have the backs done if their in(i go through the garage)but i wouldnt take on a front only job if it wasnt right next to loads of other work.....

I have several rows of terraced houses where i only do the front, i love them i would happily take on more like it.

I do one three storey place, front only £10 every 4 weeks. His neighbour comes and books in, 4 windows and a door £10. I can do the both of them in around 15 minutes. I was the only window cleaner in the area that would even quote for them.

We will only do front of house cleans if there is no access to the back, did drag my hose through a house when we first started up, only cleaned the once after i walked dog S**T right through all the carpets.

My father in law has a run of 50-60 fronts along one road over 3/4 mile. Be a hell of an earner if he wasn't so cheap, they done every fortnight @ £3 a pop. Takes 2 of us  2 1/2 hours trad.

My father in law has a run of 50-60 fronts along one road over 3/4 mile. Be a hell of an earner if he wasn't so cheap, they done every fortnight @ £3 a pop. Takes 2 of us  2 1/2 hours trad.
Wouldn’t say they were that cheap if your doin 35-40 per hour per person trad. Probs get 50-60 per hour if you converted them to wfp. 

Back