Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

250 litre tank ratio to houses ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Steam

Hi guys I'm just starting up and was wondering roughly how many houses I could clean with a 250 litre tank ?  Or would I just be better going straight for the 500 litre system ?

Thanks

Hi I will be listing a van and 500l tank system on here soon I personally wouldn’t go with a 250l as you won’t get a days work out of it.

Ford Connect 62 plate 70k miles new clutch very tidy van

fitted with Xline 500l auto flush Ro 2 man system 14 months old

will be looking for £6000

Cheers

Richard

07722 708556

How big is your van ? I have a vivaro with 400l and can still feel it moving around even with a baffled tank
I have 2 vans one Renault traffic which I use for bin cleaning and cleaning driveways etc so can't put a system in that, the other is a caddy maxi which is what I was thinking of putting the smaller system in to get started but thinking about it I'd be better off selling the caddy to buy a bigger van. Having spoken to Richard the other guy that's commented his van seems like a possibility.

‘Houses’ is such a variable. Depends if most of your houses/jobs will be 2-3 bed estate semi’s, or 3-5 bed detached with dormas & conservatories.

Wednesday & Thursday this week I was only cleaning a handful of houses a day, as the round is made up of mainly £25-£45 houses. 

But if if you have a choice of legally carrying more than less water id go more. 

But as shown above in the last post, once you’re up to speed with a decent round you can have good days using 225ls of water. 

Personally 225 litres would clean maybe 10 x £13 houses (average size/cost of houses on my rounds). So not quite a full day. I usually need 300 litres, sometimes a tad more so I’d go with a 350 litre option if you can.

Been told a 350 - 400 litre is about right fir a typical day's cleaning, what typical is will be dependant on the individual in question 

I reckon on a quid a litre. Ish. + VAT

It’s much easier to use a higher flow though. 

How big is a house?

I’ve heard a few saying a pound per litre, fair play if you can do that. I can’t, out of my 500L tank I’d be looking at £250-£350. But I’m not on a water metre at home so I’m not overly fussed on water consumption, but I’d have a different mentality if I was on one I suppose. 

I have 350 litre van mount plus carry 200 litres in barrels. Do around £350 per day and some days I don’t even need to dip into my barrels. Still do a bit of trading though in between. I’d say if you was 100% wfp your gonna need minimum 400 litres to work full days. 

I haven't done any exact calculations on this, but when I clean one of my largest customer I clean non stop for 3*2 hours. I drain and refill my 350l tank once and drain into again. Thus I average about 2lpm, does that sound reasonable?

On an average work day of 6 hours I never drain the tank completely. There is quite a lot of driving and setup between customers, and the remote and an univalve saves on water.

350l is fine for one man in my book.

go straight for a 500L tank,i only work short days(5-6 hours a day)and i regularly use 400L per day,sometimes 450L....you dont want to drain your tank too low as you end up with airlocks which can be annoying....also as you gain more experience with wfp then you ll wfp nearly EVERY JOB as its just so damn quick and easy.....

I have 350 litre van mount plus carry 200 litres in barrels. Do around £350 per day and some days I don’t even need to dip into my barrels. Still do a bit of trading though in between. I’d say if you was 100% wfp your gonna need minimum 400 litres to work full days. 
£350 a day?? What's your average price? How many houses you doing a day and is that on your own? Some money that! 

£350 a day?? What's your average price? How many houses you doing a day and is that on your own? Some money that! 
It’s not easy but certainly achievable. I have some commercial work that can bring in £80+ per hour. I have been doing this a very long time and have built a good solid, compact domestic round. Average prices are £8/9 for your average 3 bed semi and go up accordingly with the house size. Usually average around £50/hour on houses. I’ve heard of some lads charging £15+ for 3 bed semis, they must be on mega money. Either that or they cover a large area and are only doing a few jobs an hour.   

he wont be averaging £350 a day EVERY day. on his own.......thatll be one of his better days....it still evens itself out over a month into a half decent living though.....

you never get window cleaners mention there lower earning days do you??

Latest Posts

Back