Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

water fed pole system for beginner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Josh Foster

hi I can clean windows traditionally to a good standard and have been thinking of starting a round where I live but I am not overfussed on using ladders and would like some information on water fed poles. Could someone recommend a water fed pole system for me. I have transport but i only have a small car so I dont have a van and would like a half decent water fed pole system for a beginner to wfp. if you need any more information please ask. i dont know how much water fed pole systems go for or what system I should get any help is much appreciated thanks in advance.

Yeah corsas aint too bad, if it's a newer shape you'll definitely be fine, older ones are still alright. Recommend backpacks and trolleys? Everyone's opinion is different but the Gardiner backpack is a solid choice. Buying a trolley system is more expensive - thought about where you're going to get your pure water from or if you're going to make it yourself?

I have a Gardiner back pack (two of them) mounted on a sack truck (https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Handy-Folding-Sack-Truck/dp/B003G3YIRY,) with an SLX22 Pole.

With water you have a few options:-

1. Buy it (Spotless water or another filling station near you)

2. Get a  couple of DI Cannisters (Daqua.co.uk)  if your Tap water is fairly low in it's TDS reading

3. Buy an RO system if your tap is high (I know little about these!)

I have Tap water at 200ppm. I clean mostly tops wfp and the occaional full house. I use two DI's. I harvest rain water and don't have to rely off the tap too often or my resin would be eaten up fairly quickly.  When there's no rain I go back to the tap.  Works well for me and I work out of a car.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have unger n lite brush and unger n lite aluminium pole 20 ft main and 10ft extension 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in a similar posistiin to you @Josh Foster I've done trad and now moving on up to WFP, equipment wise I've gone for the sack truck,gardiner back pack and a CLX 25ft pole, again from gardiner. I got them pre owned as part of a package of work I've brought from a reputable source.

should give you enough  to be going in with. Have a 450gpd RO from Daqua for the time being as there's no spotless water near me (yet, it's planed tho and I have contacted them about it a sign itll be based just down the road) but still need my Di as my water is 230 tds.

I have a Gardiner back pack (two of them) mounted on a sack truck (https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Handy-Folding-Sack-Truck/dp/B003G3YIRY,) with an SLX22 Pole.

With water you have a few options:-

1. Buy it (Spotless water or another filling station near you)

2. Get a  couple of DI Cannisters (Daqua.co.uk)  if your Tap water is fairly low in it's TDS reading

3. Buy an RO system if your tap is high (I know little about these!)

I have Tap water at 200ppm. I clean mostly tops wfp and the occaional full house. I use two DI's. I harvest rain water and don't have to rely off the tap too often or my resin would be eaten up fairly quickly.  When there's no rain I go back to the tap.  Works well for me and I work out of a car.
Good idea to make use of the rain water, can be 10 or 12 tds, do you filter the rainwater before putting it through the double di? Ive heard a good idea to have like pair of tights tied around bottom of the down pipe to stop bigger bits of debris. I think I heard put it through just a sediment pre-filter before di too. Do you use a small power pump for this ( pushing from rainwater butt to di) or just let it go through gravity? Always interesting to hear how various rainwater collectors do this.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Agree with just about everyone when starting off Gardener backpack and if you can afford two poles I would recommend a Slx18 and slx25 but if your on a tight budget buy the slx25 that normally covers most townhouses barring skylight lights etc. 

Good idea to make use of the rain water, can be 10 or 12 tds, do you filter the rainwater before putting it through the double di? Ive heard a good idea to have like pair of tights tied around bottom of the down pipe to stop bigger bits of debris. I think I heard put it through just a sediment pre-filter before di too. Do you use a small power pump for this ( pushing from rainwater butt to di) or just let it go through gravity? Always interesting to hear how various rainwater collectors do this.
My rainwater is roughly 35ppm off tiled roof (higher if it's not rained in a while) and 20ppm off the other.  I collect it in 4 200L water butts.  I've then got a Hozelock jet pump that pumps it through the DI's.  The pump has two filters, one at the suction end and one in the intake of the pump itself. The pump I bought pumps it too fast really but because it's fairly low ppm to start with it still comes out between 0-4 ppm which is fine.  I probably should have gone for the the next pump down that hozelock do but it doesn't really matter a great deal.

My rainwater is roughly 35ppm off tiled roof (higher if it's not rained in a while) and 20ppm off the other.  I collect it in 4 200L water butts.  I've then got a Hozelock jet pump that pumps it through the DI's.  The pump has two filters, one at the suction end and one in the intake of the pump itself. The pump I bought pumps it too fast really but because it's fairly low ppm to start with it still comes out between 0-4 ppm which is fine.  I probably should have gone for the the next pump down that hozelock do but it doesn't really matter a great deal. 
yes seems good. off the roof im living at now its about 15. should really make use of it. Think id stop big bits with tights around down pipe and maybe then have small pump pushing it through one sediment prefilter before the di. really good idea people using rainwater.

yes seems good. off the roof im living at now its about 15. should really make use of it. Think id stop big bits with tights around down pipe and maybe then have small pump pushing it through one sediment prefilter before the di. really good idea people using rainwater.
Yeah its great and will save me a lot.  What's the purpose of having a sediment pre filter? Just wondering if I should!

Yeah its great and will save me a lot.  What's the purpose of having a sediment pre filter?  I've not heard of this.
I read it on one of the forums, help to get any small bits of dirt off the roof, might make the resin last longer. Might not be needed as your using other filters but it might get better results? Be interesting to know what all the rain harvesters do. Mind you, if your getting 0 to 4 and been doing it a while seems plenty good enough mate.

Back