Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van tank insulation thoughts

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I need to insulate a 650ltr tank in the van,I'm thinking of all the usual suspects, hard PIR boards,thermo quilts, even ordinary rockwool secured with some form of wrapping.If you have lagged a tank, what have you used and how are you getting on with it in terms of longevity.Has it become very tatty over time etc.

Foil bubble wrap or hard foam board insulation if you could box in. 

I would steer well clear of using rockwool or any glass fibre insulation as it will get wet at some point. ?

I’ve never had an issue with the tank - it’s the poles/reel/hoses. Yesterday the jets froze up on my first job, took a good 15 minutes to defrost. I didn’t think it was overly cold either. Hot water is the ‘cure’ and I’d hoped not to need it in my new van but it’s a job I can’t put off for much longer. If you are going to insulate just the tank then the super quilt bubble wrap will be the easiest to install. Rock wool and such like is rot proof so doesn’t matter if it gets wet, doesn’t stop it acting like a sponge and stinking though!!!!

I need to insulate a 650ltr tank in the van,I'm thinking of all the usual suspects, hard PIR boards,thermo quilts, even ordinary rockwool secured with some form of wrapping.If you have lagged a tank, what have you used and how are you getting on with it in terms of longevity.Has it become very tatty over time etc.
You could use something like this Foil bubble wrap  I have insulated my shed with it were I keep my R/O and we have had temperatures of - 6 and everything has been fine so it should suit the purpose of insulating a tank 

Thank you all for your thoughts, It looks like that foil bubble wrap is the way tp go.Your advice is appreciated.

Thank you

You could use something like this Foil bubble wrap  I have insulated my shed with it were I keep my R/O and we have had temperatures of - 6 and everything has been fine so it should suit the purpose of insulating a tank 
Thank'ds for the link, that's great and I am near to one of their stores too.

Back