Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help identifying part

BigFoot

Anyone know what these are called and where to find them? Damaged part, how I don’t know as it’s protected from bumps in the pump sump.

need a new one ASAP as I believe the pump is pulling in air through it.  The third image is where it’s secured to draw the pure through.

6A837C3C-AF54-40CB-9A36-79614D7ECB4E.jpeg

B7DFBC31-9CBD-4267-8454-BF31E9EBCF63.jpeg

6F5CD8FE-8811-473A-BAE9-91EDE2615152.jpeg

Looks like a copy of a john guest fitting, what size pipe does it connect to? It’s either going to be a 1/2” bsp or 3/4” bsp fitting. On most connectors it will give you a part number on the collar or under the release ring. It could be metric pipe or imperial. Look at Gardiner’s site as they do a good selection so you can identify if they have something similar although you may end up with a straight connector and then a 90 degree stem adaptor

John guest 90 degree elbow. 

Push fit to threaded but hard to tell sizes. Push fit 12mm or 1/2 probably. Threaded 1/2" bsp at a guess but could be wrong

Just beat me to it aglassact lol 

Looks like a copy of a john guest fitting, what size pipe does it connect to? It’s either going to be a 1/2” bsp or 3/4” bsp fitting. On most connectors it will give you a part number on the collar or under the release ring. It could be metric pipe or imperial. Look at Gardiner’s site as they do a good selection so you can identify if they have something similar although you may end up with a straight connector and then a 90 degree stem adaptor

John guest 90 degree elbow. 

Push fit to threaded but hard to tell sizes. Push fit 12mm or 1/2 probably. Threaded 1/2" bsp at a guess but could be wrong

Just beat me to it aglassact lol 

I think I’m going to spread bet and get all of the above, can never have too many connectors in the tool box!

I think I’m going to spread bet and get all of the above, can never have too many connectors in the tool box!
You should be able to find some identifying part numbers on the other bits, the hose should be part marked and I assume your other connectors are similar? If you buy metric bits and the existing pipe work is imperial (1/2” instead of 12mm) you’ll have issues the same as what you have now as the bits won’t mate correctly.

If you've got a caliper you could measure each end. Have to check the thread sizes tho as bsp can be confusing, I think 1/2" bsp measures over 3/4" of I remember

Here is a link to a chart on how to measure BSP threads - https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/blog/BSPguide/

Looking at it it might be a taper thread - need to check if the threads are parallel or taper slightly.

We do not do elbow connectors like this, but we do stock straight male screw thread to push-fit connectors which might work.

Thanks, useful chart ive screen shot and put on file for reference and help tomorrow.

wickes have some john guest plumb fittings, had a look the other day but they werent small enough for minibore/pole hose. Looking at the comparison with that 1p, they might have it. might be worth a call/look.

If it’s in inches you’ll have a hard job finding one. Try a Pneumatic Shop if you have one locally. I have an Aladdin’s cave of JG fittings. Seeing your picture looks like 3/8 inch but your push fit end makes me think it may be a metric fitting.

793A91DC-9F77-4360-B59B-1E981AB45917.jpeg

If it’s in inches you’ll have a hard job finding one. Try a Pneumatic Shop if you have one locally. I have an Aladdin’s cave of JG fittings. Seeing your picture looks like 3/8 inch but your push fit end makes me think it may be a metric fitting.

View attachment 15593

Ive orderd a few parts online with very little faith they are the right ones, I’ve no idea on pneumatic shops in the area so will be googling that. One of the issues of purchasing a used WFP system is dealing with the previous owners modifications, as good as the system is when functioning I get frustrated not knowing the additional parts that I pay no attention to until they fail!

Yes its pretty small. I see screwfix do a 10mm elbow john guest. Might be the one.

I hope it is as screwfix are only a five minute drive!

Ive orderd a few parts online with very little faith they are the right ones, I’ve no idea on pneumatic shops in the area so will be googling that. One of the issues of purchasing a used WFP system is dealing with the previous owners modifications, as good as the system is when functioning I get frustrated not knowing the additional parts that I pay no attention to until they fail!

I hope it is as screwfix are only a five minute drive!
fingers crossed  ? waiting for blinkin rain to stop here.

Back