Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How is the best way to clean this window

WCF

Help Support WCF:

clean the top bit as normal then angle the brush and pole in between the railings........an xtreme brush will help as its narrower than most brushes....

I would use a ladder. I still carry a ladder because of some flats I clean with exactly the same problem 
absolutely no need... your making work for yourself matey.....

Ive only got one customer with that, tried fit brush through, wont go. As they're always in I just pop in the house and scrim it, only takes 2 minutes extra.

That picture is not the actual job but it is similar, the railings are not as close together as in the picture 

I won't be using a ladder as to high up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
As @dazmond says angle brush and no need for ladders, these are easily done I them every week even have some on the top floor of 3 storey townhouses and they are easily done I use a Gardiners supreme brush 

Most can be done by angling the pole. Some are easier than others and some cannot be done at all unless you get the ladder out or just clean the top half. Been looking at gardeners four inch brush for the ones with really tight gaps. Has anyone tried one of these?

14 hours ago, Iain jones said:

The window similar to this one but has a small balcony 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtBqZ5fhIjP/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=7p5uge7pxxjh
We used to have a number of these on our round at one time. We found that we can get a standard Gardiner brush head between the bars by feeding it in at an angle. (To do this you have to stand to the side and once the brush is through the gap then move to face the window straight on.) There were a few that we were able to do through the gap at the bottom but you have to be careful of your pole clamps.

You might find you will be able to do the job quicker using a 90 degree brush socket and a swivel. Brush goes in vertically and then swivel the brush around to clean the glass behind it.

We only have one house now with these bars on one french door. We clean the top above the bars as normal and reach the rest of the glass and frame through the bottom gap. Its just a bit difficult to get the brush in to clean the sill. A thinner Extreme brush might be a better choice but we have never tried that.

This type of window will take you 4 or 5 times longer to clean in my experience. 12 years ago we did two appartment blocks of 29 flats with 18 Juilet balconies. It took me as long to clean the balconies and the flat's windows below the balconies as it took my son to clean the rest of the flats windows and the stairwell windows and doors inside and outside.

I'm glad we only have one left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back