Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners taking on Univalve?

I think gardiners did this in conjunction with Peter Fogwell a while back.

I think Peter called it the auto tap or something like that.

If I’ve got this all completely wrong, then @Tuffers said it ?

I think you're correct. This is version 2, version 1 came was launched around the same time as the univalve.

I'm still on my first univalve - excellent bit of kit - so I don't plan on changing it...

I will be shooting a video of this new product ? It is operated by twisting the pole by 70° to the right to turn on and then back again to turn off.

We did do a previous version which was released about 3 years ago and we stopped selling it about 18 months ago - This previous version featured Peter Fogwill's aquatap valve inside.

This new version features a different Patented twist valve mechanism and has the advantage of having an external tension adjuster which allows fine tuning to match user preference, height of pole and brush size. The inner valve mechanism has been tested to 10,000+ cycles with no need for servicing or maintenance. When the inner valve eventually wears out it can quickly and simply be replaced by the end user, without the need to buy a whole new gooseneck.

I’ll be trying one, as much as I like the uni-valve I find yanking on the hose tiresome - especially since I’ve changed to the exceed hoseless kit. I ditched using pole hose (except for in the top section) and run the reel hose straight through which means the univalve turns itself on under the weight of the hose when extending, and then not turning off every time. I’m often caught swearing at the thing when I’ve aimlessly yanked on the hose multiple times and it’s not turned off!!

if you need any more testers @Alex Gardiner!! Wink wink!!

I will be shooting a video of this new product ? It is operated by twisting the pole by 70° to the right to turn on and then back again to turn off.

We did do a previous version which was released about 3 years ago and we stopped selling it about 18 months ago - This previous version featured Peter Fogwill's aquatap valve inside.

This new version features a different Patented twist valve mechanism and has the advantage of having an external tension adjuster which allows fine tuning to match user preference, height of pole and brush size. The inner valve mechanism has been tested to 10,000+ cycles with no need for servicing or maintenance. When the inner valve eventually wears out it can quickly and simply be replaced by the end user, without the need to buy a whole new gooseneck.
I have the version one still on my pole and love it simple turn on turn of or should i say twist on /off.

Had it about 2 year now.

What's the difference between the 2 alex

Will this work alongside a swivel gooseneck or will it need to be either or? ?

Very interesting this, I do agree can be awkward switching to one hand at a height and yanking hose to turn water off. Looking forward to seeing the video.

Only downside to these is potentially encouraging sections to spin a little sooner than they normally would as you're putting a little pressure on the sections each time you get to the end of the twist movement 

Hmm I’ll keep a eye out, I much prefer univalve to the Gardiner hose/tap valve, but would be interested to see if there’s something better than the univalve. Univalves are great until they start messing round. 

I'm also interested in wether it'll work with a swivel head. I'd rather have the swivel with univalve than working without a swivel.

Still, as @Part Timer I might be interested in one for the 47 pole, where letting go of the pole with one hand and bending down to reach the hose is something I'd rather avoid.

I'm also interested in wether it'll work with a swivel head. I'd rather have the swivel with univalve than working without a swivel.

Still, as @Part Timer I might be interested in one for the 47 pole, where letting go of the pole with one hand and bending down to reach the hose is something I'd rather avoid.
But I thought it said on the add its for downstairs windows. Im fairly new to the game but if its on the end of the pole how can it be turned on and off when poles extended? Bare in mind I dont know about the first edition either so if Im a dum dum, apologies

But I thought it said on the add its for downstairs windows. Im fairly new to the game but if its on the end of the pole how can it be turned on and off when poles extended? Bare in mind I dont know about the first edition either so if Im a dum dum, apologies
You twist the pole with the brush against the window frame to turn water on and off.

Latest Posts

Back