Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What cleaning agent should i use

Cian wms

Hi all.. hopr that somebody could help me fast. I am starting my own pressure washing service and one of my first customers is a golf course that needs the slabs at the front of the golf course cleaned. The only problem is that i dont know what cleaning agent should i use. Hypo will kill grass and could be a disaster. If you have any suggestions could you let me know.

THANKS

Hi all.. hopr that somebody could help me fast. I am starting my own pressure washing service and one of my first customers is a golf course that needs the slabs at the front of the golf course cleaned. The only problem is that i dont know what cleaning agent should i use. Hypo will kill grass and could be a disaster. If you have any suggestions could you let me know.

THANKS

If if you are afrade hypo will be a problem just pressure wash it then treat with a bio product , to slow down re growth, if used correctyou can use hypo right up to grass with out any problems , but if you are just starting out and don’t have any experience just pressure wash , one question why do they want it cleaning what’s the contaminant ? General dirt? Algi? If there is no algi, or bacterial growth then you don’t need hypo , if there is then you need something to kill it as it might look clean but microscopic spores will be left behind and will rapidly grow again with out some sort of treatment to kill it 

Hi Pjj 

Thanks for the advice. Yeah its alge staining and a bit of lichen as well. Ive got a steam pressure washer so could the hot water by itself work. 

Thanks

Do you use a rotary cleaner or just a lance ? Black lichen is the real problem, if it has any black spots on the surface then you will need Hypoclorite. but if its you first clean be careful when you get to the edge. give the grass a wash with the hose pipe before you stat and when you finished wash with fresh water again. Use a pump sprayer to lay down your chemical as you will have more control with that than you would upstreaming.

Hi Pjj 

Thanks for the advice. Yeah its alge staining and a bit of lichen as well. Ive got a steam pressure washer so could the hot water by itself work. 

Thanks

Depending on the temperature hot will kill it I think the doff is between 120-150 degrees??? I have no idear what temperature a normal hot pressurewasher works at . We use a flat surface cleaner and do the edges with a turbo or vario nozzle, if using hypo and Ime not suggesting you should if you have no experience with it damp the grass  down well before applying it then damp the grass again after just keep it wet and dilute the run off well if it’s possible try and divert the run off we use hypo a lot running off onto grass and have never killed it , but don’t try this unless you are 100% sure you know what you are doing if you kill the grass at a golf course you arnt going to be very popular ???

Back