Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advertising Methods That Work?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Colley614

Hi Guys,

In the last few weeks I've been approached by yell.com and a local business that does online marketing who can manage my twitter and facebook pages along with things like adwords. Now I manage my facebook and twitter myself and could easily manage with adwords but I don't know if they work.

So I was just wondering if any of you use any types of advertising like this and more importantly do they work?

im on yell and pay to be on the first page in my area, and not had a single job from it yet!
No suprise there! They're great at getting people to sign up but the problem is people don't actually use Yell to search for what they're looking for anymore. The free option with Yell produces very similar CTR (click through rates).

AdWords is good, I've seen some really positive results from this but you need to know what you're doing to get the most from it.

Facebook works really well for window cleaners and as long as you maintain a regular appearance on the groups then you'll be laughing.

And it would be a crime for me not to mention about having a well laid out website with properly optimised pages...

Facebook works a treat for me and I'm getting a few from gumtree as well but Having to give em to GMeister cos they're closer to him lol, it was free though so as long as someones gaining from it.

I have to disagree re the Yell point. We get a lot of business from Yell domestic and commercial.

Other ways Facebook, twitter as already stated. Other methods which have been really good for us are school magazines / leaflets. Local post office - we have put our A5 add in 7 post offices in our surrounding areas for 6 months and cost only £91. /emoticons/smile.png

I dont get work through facebook or twitter.... Yell.com has got me a few good jobs /emoticons/biggrin.png

Adwords is a good way to get noticed if your website isn't on page 1.. You can do different campaigns for different services etc.. Iv had Adwords running for about 2/3 weeks? And it's cost me £11.. But have had a commercial to price up and a few gutters/ window cleans..

Lol, When I signed up for yell.com they guy linked me with his account on yell. I got to see his screen basicly, he was showing me prices etc and how it worked. I seen how much it would cost for sponsored listing for window cleaning, it was about 2k a year lol. That gave you 1st page at the top on yell. Im 1st page 5th and I only pay 15 a month lol. If you word it write you can also rank high in other catagoires

Ive got a few jobs from it, enough to justify paying for it anyway.

You cannot go wrong with Facebook! Its free and ive got loadz of customers from there, its also a great way just to get your name out there and let people know your there.

I wouldnt pay any one to do it though, You can lick your Facebook account and Twiter account, So you would only need to update one of them really

Im thinking of advertising on roundabouts /emoticons/smile.png
I do that, watch what your doing they can fine you for it. They thretned me with 40 pound fine per sign lol. Ive got 6 sigs up still on a double roundabout. The work, very good.

There's loads of advertising space on roundabouts by me. Didn't think it would work though
You can get one up here but you need to pay the council, you get a small green metal sign on the roundabout. There pretty cool. Ive been to to council offices to ask how to get one yet when I ask no one knows what im talking about

Lol, When I signed up for yell.com they guy linked me with his account on yell. I got to see his screen basicly, he was showing me prices etc and how it worked. I seen how much it would cost for sponsored listing for window cleaning, it was about 2k a year lol. That gave you 1st page at the top on yell. Im 1st page 5th and I only pay 15 a month lol. If you word it write you can also rank high in other catagoires

Ive got a few jobs from it, enough to justify paying for it anyway.

You cannot go wrong with Facebook! Its free and ive got loadz of customers from there, its also a great way just to get your name out there and let people know your there.

I wouldnt pay any one to do it though, You can lick your Facebook account and Twiter account, So you would only need to update one of them really
I had a guy show me all that with yell as well and when I told him I wasn't bothered he must have rung me 20 times to try and sell to me. Told him to swear word in the end lol.

I had a guy show me all that with yell as well and when I told him I wasn't bothered he must have rung me 20 times to try and sell to me. Told him to swear word in the end lol.
good customer service there then! lol

the phone call i get the most from yell is from other advertisers and magazines asking for money!
'hi, we are a local company and we are looking for professional businesses, we are going to tell these people to only use honest businesses." "yeah, why have you blocked your caller Id then?" dead tone

'hi, we are a local company and we are looking for professional businesses, we are going to tell these people to only use honest businesses." "yeah, why have you blocked your caller Id then?" dead tone
yer that sounds about right!! if im not doing anything at the time i let them talk on and go all the way then when they say about cost i always oh thats a little over what i buget for, then the say a lower price and i say the same again managed to get one company down from £300 to £160, then i ask if it can spead over 12 months and they always say no, this is when i say really you can do that? thats a shame i would of liked to go ahead with it if you could, oh well bye then! and hang up!

its amazing oh how excited they get when they think they have a sale!!!! only to be kicked back down! lol

You can get one up here but you need to pay the council, you get a small green metal sign on the roundabout. There pretty cool. Ive been to to council offices to ask how to get one yet when I ask no one knows what im talking about
I looked in to this a bit more, i found the number you call about it. it costs 500 minimum a year. lol. Ill stick you putting my ''illegal'' sign on the roundabouts

There persistant like, all there after is there commision lol

Back