Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Difficult Windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Today was the second clean of one of my customers and the house has a three pane window directly above a large conservatory. Know as you may know I am relatively new to this game and the last time (first clean) the customer text me to say she was delighted with the job I had done but not too happy about said window.

Now I use a 4 metre Unger extension pole and simply fit my applicator and then squeegee to clean the window from a distance. But obviously this is tricky as I can only gain access from either side of the conservatory at quite a distance. Today I feel I made a better job of cleaning this window and hope the customer will be more satisfied this time. I did mention on my quote that said window may prove a problem and we agreed I'd just do my best.

So I'm just spilling out my thoughts and asking for any advice or words of encouragement from you old-heads!

i have a few like this mate and i just never clean them its reflected in the price given.

im wanting to start on a trolley system soon but never get round to buying one i need one that makes pure water as you do it.

I've got a few like that mate and they a sod to do with a pole, it's the only reason I built the diy sprayer come wfp set up. If ya only want to do those take a look and consider it, it works a charm and well under 50 squid.

I might add I've used it for some seriously dirty first cleans in the last week or so, whole upstairs and cleaned them great.

Find it here, https://www.windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/3215-wfp-on-a-tight-budget-using-a-pressure-sprayer/ and harvest some rainwater, use the cokebottle resin vessel with a litre of resin and you have a real cheap entry to wfp. /emoticons/biggrin.png

You will never get it perfect. Unless as dodger says you get a sprayer, backpack whatever. I like you tell the custie it's awkward but will do best I can. Trouble is you can spend ages doing these. I just tell them cannot do it but now got a couple of backpacks so no prob. Sometimes they look worse then when you started & 4 metres is a long stretch.

I would recommend a wagtail for these windows
I seriously considered that but decided on the cheap water fed option, still wouldn't mind one though. I'll just wait till H-Man uploads his how to make one video lol.

I say to the customer when pricing up that I may not be able to or cannot safely reach the window off the ladders, and see what they say.

If i can reach it with a pole, I tell them but warn them that the results may be less than perfect. At least then they know and can decide what they want to do.

John

Is there a mod around? As a mod in another place I wouldn't hesitate to ban this idiot, terminate with extreme prejudice! /emoticons/biggrin.png Just my personal opinion.

Back