Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

X Line Poles on sale

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Doddy111

I thought this offer may be of interest to a few on here probably a good deal for someone that’s just starting out. I personally have no experience using glass fibre poles I’m sure a more experienced head on here can advise. 

The offer starts tomorrow and is whilst stocks last. 

E28C83BB-0AA3-47C6-AFDF-BC53366E4C2B.png

I'm sure the old boys like @steve garwoodstarted with aluminium poles from Brodex but as I'm younger I started with fibreglass poles. Now I don't know your budget but if you can afford to buy even a Gardiner CLX then do so as they're light years better. Even the thought of a fibreglass pole makes me shiver.

These aren’t for me I’ve got an SLX 25 that I struggle with daily just thought if someone’s skint it could help them... I didn’t think they’d be that bad but I suppose that’s why they’re giving them away I’d love to try one just to see the difference

I started out three years ago with a borrowed, worn unger Glass fibre pole, and later bought a facelift alu pole.

Both poles worked just fine when working part time. The alu pole was heavier but stiffer.

Now working close to full time I need Gardiners Xtreme poles to be able to keep up. But these X line poles would have been awesome for me when I started.

I find it a kind of funny when we discuss pole prices on here. My brother in law is a carpenter, and has a festtool domino that he have used "a few times". It's a very specific tool for a very specific kind of woodworking, but even at the retail price of £1100+ it's worth it to him even though he only use it sparingly. Thus I feel we can/should spend a bit more than the bare minimum on something we use 6-8 hours a day, if it helps us get the job done quick or with less strain on the body.

I'm sure the old boys like @steve garwoodstarted with aluminium poles from Brodex but as I'm younger I started with fibreglass poles. Now I don't know your budget but if you can afford to buy even a Gardiner CLX then do so as they're light years better. Even the thought of a fibreglass pole makes me shiver.
I once bought a new 30' Brodex aluminium pole. Used it for half an hour and had to go home and get my old one. It was awful! It's especially bad when you consider that my old one was an extremely worn 25' Universal fiberglass pole. That pole could win awards for the lowest rigidity to weight ratio and it was still not as bad as the Brodex Aluminium.

Back