Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

gardiners universal brush

kevinc250

hi all, received my brush and other goodies today ,now, i'm a bit stumped on this if i'm honest which is the correct orientation? i.e. rounded edge towards the top or bottom? @Alex Gardiner your site shows two ways according to the q lok brush socket so i'm a bit stumped also the rinse bar above or below the brush or is it more of whatever works for you?

I've connected the brush with the rounded edge at the top and the brush bar underneath as it looks and feels more logical to me but is this correct?

hi all, received my brush and other goodies today ,now, i'm a bit stumped on this if i'm honest which is the correct orientation? i.e. rounded edge towards the top or bottom? @Alex Gardiner your site shows two ways according to the q lok brush socket so i'm a bit stumped also the rinse bar above or below the brush or is it more of whatever works for you?

I've connected the brush with the rounded edge at the top and the brush bar underneath as it looks and feels more logical to me but is this correct?
Hi Kevin

The Universal Sill brush needs to be used with the curved edge on the bottom of the brush and the flat edge at the top. This way the lower curved bristles will clean the sill in use.

When used this way the Rinse Bar would be mounted on the top flat edge of the brush for over-brush rinsing.

I just got one myself. Got it ready today to be used tomorrow. Fitted it with Clarke 1mm pencil jets. It came with fan jets fitted. Put some taps on it so I can switch between jets for different jobs. I.e. Windows or fascia.

20190131_165331.jpg

I tried those welding tips from clarkes a long while ago and found the pressure was too high for me once the water hit the glass-too much slashback and moved to the 2mm jets much better lower pressure and then experimented with laminar flow devices,that has some scope to reduce spotting.

would it be easier to just have another t connection so you can swap to either fan or jet? just thinking out aloud at the moment

I just got one myself. Got it ready today to be used tomorrow. Fitted it with Clarke 1mm pencil jets. It came with fan jets fitted. Put some taps on it so I can switch between jets for different jobs. I.e. Windows or fascia.

View attachment 15651
Really like the taps mate...I thought Gardiners had released the new jet system there for a minute.

Have you got a link please?

It's getting used tomorrow  for the first time with the new universal brush I got delivered from Gardiners yesterday. I'm planning on just using the universal for everything. I tested it out today when I fitted it  and it works fine no leaks. Will see how it goes. Looking forward to running of customers water supply with fans and pencils at the same time on fascia wash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Using an ordinary sill brush I found that you have to get used to the brush on the windows. I found that to begin with I had the jets pointing to high upwards because I saw this bunch of spare bristles on the bottom of the brush doing nothing. So my focus was to ensure that the flow from the jets was pointing at 90 degrees to the glass and the only time this bunch of bristle at the bottom of the brush came into play was when I got down to sill level.

It's getting used tomorrow  for the first time with the new universal brush I got delivered from Gardiners yesterday. I'm planning on just using the universal for everything. I tested it out today when I fitted it  and it works fine no leaks. Will see how it goes. Looking forward to running of customers water supply with fans and pencils at the same time on fascia wash.
How did them taps go today mate?

Yeah went fine mate no issues, only used pencil jets today. The brush is a bit different compared to the supreme. With it being hard bristles felt a lot different. But did a great job and the side bristles make it easy to get in the corners. Not having to swivel the brush head to get the frames and no risk of scraping the brush base against the frames or sills. Looking forward to next week when I will being using it on a lot of different types of Windows.

Just got sick of walking back the van having to change brush heads for different jobs I.e Windows or fascia and then occasionally a tiny bit of dirt got blocked in my pencil jets either blocking it working or the jet flow was weakened and off centre. 

So I just wanted one brush, with both types of jets with it all being sealed via the taps. Plus I drive a small van and I like to keep things as compact as possible.

Will just rinse out the brush in some pure after a fascia clean.

Ive 2 sets of jets100 degree fans and pencils in my DuPont brush i just put a john guest on the set am not using i swap it over in seconds

Fantastic brush! I'm going to have to eat humble pie on this one!

I purchased one when they first released and didn't think much to it at all. It just didn't have the cleaning power of a sill brush that I was used to and loved.

I decided to try the mixed medium brush version again and I love it! I ordered a couple more and gave one to a friend (Who loves it) and one of my franchisees who also rates it highly! 

It's a very good scrubbing brush which saves some time on cleans. I made sure to watch what the extruding bristles do when normally cleaning!

I was gutted to hear of the potential withdrawal of the sill brush but now "meh" !

Latest Posts

Back