Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaner Planner Sold

Iron Giant

Staff member
Just got an email to say Cleaner Planner has been sold on to an American tech company, bit shocked in a way as the email was fairly formal and non-personal that might be the standard type of email from now on, hopefully, they will sort out a few new releases. 

I wonder if all the customers are aware that an American tech company has all their data ?

I don't think clients are aware that us windys are using round tracking software with various information which they all freely provided, no big issue really as long as they are  GDPR  compliant 

This is the very reason that I won’t use any of these software services , you don’t know who has access to your data , what could or will happen to it and no control whatsoever if the company then choose to sell to someone else , to much data to risk loosing as far as Ime concerned, 

No doubt they were losing ground on the competition and sold up to someone with fresh ideas and motivation.

graet for us. No development in ages! Looking forward to see how it works out.

My issue with CP is other ideas that were brought to the market by the competition could have been implemented long ago on CP @BigFoot maybe you hit the nail on the head with motivation or maybe lack off it maybe Rob got bored, I would have possibly jumped ship a while back but for me, nothing comes close to the simplicity and ease of use than CP 

This is the very reason that I won’t use any of these software services , you don’t know who has access to your data , what could or will happen to it and no control whatsoever if the company then choose to sell to someone else , to much data to risk loosing as far as Ime concerned, 
your just being paranoid IMO......if you back up your data regularly youll be fine....nothing to lose....

what would someone want with a load of customers details,prices and earnings anyway....only another window cleaner would be interested.........??

No doubt they were losing ground on the competition and sold up to someone with fresh ideas and motivation.

graet for us. No development in ages! Looking forward to see how it works out.
what development would you like to see?......i love cleaner planner,much better than george (what i was using previously).....

what development would you like to see?......i love cleaner planner,much better than george (what i was using previously).....

It needs to be tablet and phone friendly, it was created mainly as a good pc software with work/debt recording functionality on smart phone. 

Auto update across all devices. It needs a dedicated app, I do vast majority of buisness on tablet and smartphone now. 

your just being paranoid IMO......if you back up your data regularly youll be fine....nothing to lose....

what would someone want with a load of customers details,prices and earnings anyway....only another window cleaner would be interested.........??

Ime not prepared to trust trust anyone with my dater base of information , if it’s lost for any reason Ime the one with the problem not them , Ime certainly not prepared to take that risk , all these systems are open to be hacked and information lost or held to ransome by sum unscrupulous persons , they cannot do that with the way I currently store it and it doesn’t Cost  me hundreds of pounds  a year either , I like to be in charge of my own paperwork not reliant on other companies , I have seen repeatedly people on forums having issues with theses software companies things going down or cannot access it etc , it’s certainly not something I would ever consider using , that’s just my ten pence worth 

Ime not prepared to trust trust anyone with my dater base of information , if it’s lost for any reason Ime the one with the problem not them , Ime certainly not prepared to take that risk , all these systems are open to be hacked and information lost or held to ransome by sum unscrupulous persons , they cannot do that with the way I currently store it and it doesn’t Cost  me hundreds of pounds  a year either , I like to be in charge of my own paperwork not reliant on other companies , I have seen repeatedly people on forums having issues with theses software companies things going down or cannot access it etc , it’s certainly not something I would ever consider using , that’s just my ten pence worth 
Agreed . . . . . .

Loads of things have been going cloud-based for years as long as you have a back up your fine I print data off every so often client list etc and do backups every week, these days things can get hacked but its about been aware I know people who don't bother with a security software on their pc and use public wifi without VPN and are wide open to be hacked, Unfortunately for me I have a terrible memory and at the age of 43 there ain't much hope for me moving forward so I am heavily reliant on cloud-based programs as for other forums and FB people whinge for owt personally never had an issue with programs in over 7-8 years 

I fully respect people’s opinions on not wanting their data stored and if you are happy with using spreadsheets or pen and paper then good for you, but there is an element of paranoia about it. 

First of all everything is backed up by the cloud as previously mentioned, also the software I use you can upload your customer list to your computer which I do every so often so I know I have it there too. 

As regards to people hacking and seeing your data.... well yes they could I suppose but it’s extremely unlikely anyone is going to want to look at our data first, and those companies will have various safeguards in place too. Not full proof I know but they will still have their best security in place. The only ppl interested in our data really would be Hmrc and if they wanna look then crack on as far as I’m concerned.

ive been using round planning software (albeit not CP) for a few years with no issues. It makes my life so much easier, makes my work go quicker, and means I don’t really have long outstanding debts, 90% are paid off within 7 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fully respect people’s opinions on not wanting their data stored and if you are happy with using spreadsheets or pen and paper then good for you, but there is an element of paranoia about it. 

First of all everything is backed up by the cloud as previously mentioned, also the software I use you can upload your customer list to your computer which I do every so often so I know I have it there too. 

As regards to people hacking and seeing your data.... well yes they could I suppose but it’s extremely unlikely anyone is going to want to look at our data first, and those companies will have various safeguards in place too. Not full proof I know but they will still have their best security in place. The only ppl interested in our data really would be Hmrc and if they wanna look then crack on as far as I’m concerned.

ive been using round planning software (albeit not CP) for a few years with no issues. It makes my life so much easier, makes my work go quicker, and means I don’t really have long outstanding debts, 90% are paid off within 7 days.

My concerns with data being hacked isn’t people trying to steal it some just hack into people’s accounts for the fun of it and cause chaos, each to there own but it’s not for me 

Zimbabwe recently blocked the internet for a while. 

How would one work if you couldn’t connect to cleaner planner or squeegee for example?

Last edited:
Zimbabwe recently blocked the internet for a while. 

How would one work if you couldn’t connect to cleaner planner or squeegee for example?

As long as you don’t log out of Squeegee it works without the internet, you would only need it to log back in and sync up.

likd the previous poster said as long as everything is regularly backed up to your comp anyway you could always print off some worksheets if need be.

Highky unlikely the UK government would take a route like Zimbabwe though ?

Cloud saving is so much safer than local storage in any way.

There are a much higher risk of your computer crashing  beyond repair, or someone breaking in and nicking your laptop than your cloud storage account being hacked. (If you have sensible password usage).

Please, please don't run your business from a spreadsheet on your desktop.

At least have the sense to use a service like dropbox or OneDrive or Google drive or whatever. A usb stick in the drawer with a copy you do whenever you remember it is not good enough.

I've worked in IT for years, and it's heartbreaking when you see someone loose all their customer data because they've loyally been running the backup on the same floppy disk for 10+ years, never checking if the floppy was still good. Yes, that did happen with an optometrist shop I helped service with my dad. 

“A usb stick in the drawer with a copy you do whenever you remember it is not good enough.“ @Nudel

What if one backs up their data once a week? Would that be good enough?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back