Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Oh no it’s snow

RWCleaning

Morning everyone,

hows things in your area?? I’m in Bournemouth, think we got pretty lucky compared to most other areas. Just watched the news, blimey really feel for the people in Scotland atm. Some have been stuck in their cars for 20hrs !!??

Around 3 inches of snow so far it was heavy about an hour ago so went out for a walk to check on my wifes little mate, it stopped for around 20 minutes and has started again so will see how it goes I currently have no plans to turn out as yet but I only have 2 hrs work 

20190201_082009.jpg

Around 3 inches of snow so far it was heavy about an hour ago so went out for a walk to check on my wifes little mate, it stopped for around 20 minutes and has started again so will see how it goes I currently have no plans to turn out as yet but I only have 2 hrs work 
I was up Crook this morning, an hour and a half later than usual as the roads were packed and slow.

I was up Crook this morning, an hour and a half later than usual as the roads were packed and slow.
I managed an hour this morning the main roads were fine but after the sun came out the estate roads were almost like a skating rink so sacked the rest off as didn't fancy risking the van on certain roads and the private access to our house and the shared courtyard is on a slope and it ain't fun if you lose traction, so off to the butchers giant Yorkshire with roast beef and gravy washed down with a beer ?

We have a lot of snow here on the Faroe Islands as well. Here's one from Wednesday.

IMG_20190130_105222.jpg

Figured is was faster to walk my daughter to the day care than dig out the car, so we had ourselves a nice little walk with her in a sled.

Worked Monday and had a big internal job Thursday, but other than that I've taken the week off the glass and only done some paperwork.

Shout out if you want more pictures of snow.

How do you manage window cleaning in the Faroe Islands! 

I was cheating, picture is of the Alps...

Never much snow in Kent

How do you manage window cleaning in the Faroe Islands! 

I was cheating, picture is of the Alps...
It's a good life ? We rarely get snow that lasts longer than a day, so the current situation of almost a week of snow is super rare. Wind and rain is more of an issue, but you learn to work around it. I try to get by with three weeks worth of work every month, having one week to juggle with.

Well, my picture wasn't cheating ?

Back