Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump advice whats best

Johnwindow1987

Hi I’m looking at new pumps and I have one that is 100psi 6 lpm right now from window cleaning wearhouse. 

Can anyone advise what pumps are best what is the 100psi surflow like? I see that the lpm are not as high. My van has not got a flow control would u advise getting one would this help battery last longer ?

im just hoping I’m not use to having that amount of preacher and then not having it ? thanks for help. 

Here is pic of pump I have now 

38283ADC-724C-4F1D-9755-DB146A151E0E.jpeg

Need a link to said shurflo pump to be able to judge the difference.

Any pump sold at a window cleaner store should work. The price has more to do with quality and longevity. A small pump off eBay will probably work fine enough, but will burn out fast.

I would recommend some sort of controller for your pump. A simple but beefy PWM one should do fine. Turning it down only just to 90% capacity will save a lot of water and some battery life, at the cost of negligible less pressure at the brush head (depending on jet type).

Looks like you have an aquatec pump which is a good pump.

Gardiner sell them so why not buy another aquatec pump and one of there liquid logic controllers why you’re at it

Yes I just when on there site it dose look like my pump. Only this I struggle with is the connections as I have hose connecting my pump not John guest what one would I select ?? Cheers 

You’ll have to use 1/2” hose, if you already use that great. Just select the 1/2” barb fitting for the pump.

9646B85B-98B4-4AF7-955D-39AE950ADF51.jpeg

Last edited:
I had a shurflo pump on my PF trolley for a few years and it never missed a beat before I sold it, my current shurflo pump will be 8 years old this year and has been spot on

Latest Posts

Back