Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Super Max compatible with SLX?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul alan

Does anyone know if the super max is compatible with the slx? as in do the sections fit each other? Looking on the Gardiner website they are the same size but you never know

I bought a supermax45 for some high level work but hardly use it.  I mailed Gardiner's to see how what end sections I could buy to shorten it and more use out of it, response below 

Hi Adam,

Thank you for contacting us with your query. Due to the length of the sections on the 3K SMAX45 then you could use 4 sections of the pole and purchase the SLX Extension #5 (£74.40 inc VAT)– this would make a pole approx. 27.5ft. The SLX Extension #5 is fully insulated and comes with a base cap to protect the end of the section. It is just a little shorter as a section than the SMAX45 sections, so when the pole is fully collapsed there would be a gap between sections 4 & 5. Then if you needed to use more than 5 sections you could remove the extension section and replace with the remaining SMAX45 sections for the taller work. 

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us. 

Kind regards

Hope that helps?

Samantha Stattersfield

Cheers, I'm looking at the super max 22ft 3k. Its on sale. My slx is starting to get worn after a couple of years use, I use the top 3 sections mostly, the bottom 3 hardly. I want the bottom 3 to go on the botttom of the supermax when needed. I'm sure Alex will see this and put me right.

Cheers, I'm looking at the super max 22ft 3k. Its on sale. My slx is starting to get worn after a couple of years use, I use the top 3 sections mostly, the bottom 3 hardly. I want the bottom 3 to go on the botttom of the supermax when needed. I'm sure Alex will see this and put me right.
Yeh pretty good sale I think. I bought the 27smax a couple of months ago. 

Is it more rigid than the SLX?
Ummm yeh, but not as rigid as I was expecting. The bottom few sections are completely solid, but the top couple of sections are pretty bouncy. But that’s on a 27. 18/22ft are probably great. But overall I’m happy with the pole. 

Back