James.

Window cleaning training

Green Pro Clean Ltd

What makes me smile on this thread is a couple of factors.  

1: The OP looking for training - in almost any other trade you will apprentice, spend time, invest in tools some cases pay for training courses so why should it be different for our industry? Sure you can learn most of the practical in a day but you still need to learn somehow.  

You are moving into an industry that can produce a turnover of in excess of £300 but people want to 'tag along' be 'a helper' for a few days.  Tag a longs and 'helpers' are no value to an established window cleaner but the established window cleaner is of infinite value to the 'tag along / helper' 

I get asked 4 - 5 times a month by people if they can come work with me for a day to learn what I know and here's the part that has me p*****g myself laughing, they always offer their service to me 'for free' 

I have always offered a days training to window cleaners to learn the practical side of cleaning windows and how to manage the business and always tell them the same thing the price is £350 for the day.  Why? If you cant be bothered to invest £350 (potentially one days take) to get my systems handed to you on a plate then you aren't serious about learning. 

2: Again it turns into 'how many pints a week' I can drink. 🙄

** Quick edit to the above I forgot to mention earlier... 

Of the 4 or 5 per month that ask for training when given a price of £350 only 5 have taken it up in over 2 years.  I guess training has no value to the other 100 plus that want something for free.  

Edited by Green Pro Clean Ltd

steve garwood

🙄

Just a couple of members having some banter, jeez

Edited by steve garwood

James.

So I got my TDS meter today. The read below is a tad high. 

20190211_172024.jpg

Part Timer
5 hours ago, steve garwood said:

🙄

Just a couple of members having some banter, jeez

On a Sunday afternoon as well, then again I'm working away and I'll be on it again tonight. Do you think that makes me a bad person :1f61c:

Edited by Part Timer

RWCleaning
3 minutes ago, James. said:

20190211_172024.jpg

4 minutes ago, James. said:

20190211_172024.jpg

R.O on anything over a 100pm in my opinion. My R.O was £350inc vat. It’s a 600GPD one. Gets 275ppm down to around 7-10ppm.

P4dstar

You need an RO mate. You'll need to purify the water at home and carry it with you. You can still use a backpack or trolley type system but would need to carry the water in 25L containers that way.

James.
55 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

You need an RO mate. You'll need to purify the water at home and carry it with you. You can still use a backpack or trolley type system but would need to carry the water in 25L containers that way.

Thanks a million, that would have been a big mistake if I bought the hydropower. Appreciate it. 

P4dstar
3 hours ago, Part Timer said:

On a Sunday afternoon as well, then again I'm working away and I'll be on it again tonight. Do you think that makes me a bad person :1f61c:

I reckon if they changed the perks of subscription to ''Can talk about going to the pub without being told off'' the site would get more subscribers 😂

Part Timer
26 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

I reckon if they changed the perks of subscription to ''Can talk about going to the pub without being told off'' the site would get more subscribers 😂

Sign me and @steve garwoodup, would've included @Denbut I think he's a changed man 😱. Talks about kayaks and camper vans, not tranny vans that Steve does though. 

James.
5 hours ago, RWCleaning said:

R.O on anything over a 100pm in my opinion. My R.O was £350inc vat. It’s a 600GPD one. Gets 275ppm down to around 7-10ppm.

Have you a link to your RO filter system. 

P4dstar
Just now, James. said:

Have you a link to your RO filter system. 

Mine's a really expensive one, can purify 300 litres an hour. Probably a bit overkill mate but....

https://www.daqua.co.uk/ro_systems.htm

Best advice would be to call Daqua. Speak to Doug directly and he will talk you through what you need. Mine is the 4040 one.

James.

Good idea. I'm probably going to attend this course and ask ask ask 😁