Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning your own window’s.

brianbadonde

Just wondered how many of you get round to cleaning your own windows, and if so how often? My Mrs is always asking me if I know a reliable window cleaner lol I can never be arsed to do my own ? I’d happily pay someone to clean my own, as ridiculous as it sounds! I may clean mine maybe 4 times a year even though I’d really like them doing every 4 weeks. I wondered if you all keep on top of yours?

@steve garwood don't you have a window cleaner for your own windows?
Yes, his name is Craig, South African guy.

Been doing my windows for over 15 years.

Buggered if I can be bothered doing my own after a days work, and weekends are special to me.

Anyway, after being home from Egypt for three days, I have to go upstairs now to do my packing ready for Thursday when I’m off to Tenerife with 17 mates ?.

Sorry, I do love a boast ?

Go you ?

wish I could be so dedicated to cleaning my own!
We live in a bungalow 5 small windows at the back and 2 larger windows at the front so it ain't that hard, the walk from the front to the back is more of a chore as its 60 metres the building is a former byre so only one door so have to walk across a courtyard through an archway and round the other side 

Whenever I get a new brush or pole, or rebuild some part of my system, the three windows closest to my van are always spotless.

As for the ones on the other side of the house, not so much.

I usually tell my wife there's a spare pole and hose in the basement, and she can hook it up to the van filling system on the outside wall and have a go. ?

They called and asked and she was scared to say no lol I'm sure these boys have been going a lot longer than us lol
What I’m saying is, if loads keep saying yes to a £3 clean, loads of others will expect the same.

As for been going longer? Who knows, but I’ve been going over 25 years and don’t really want to hear about £3 cleans ??

Last edited by a moderator:
I do my own at the beginning of my working month. Allows me to make sure everything is still running well. 

Mate if mine would pay the local tradder to do his, despite having a full business with three employees working for him. ?

Had a discussion about this with a fellow cleaner the other day, and we agreed having a healthy work relationship means not taking the work home with you. ? 

Only just starting out but have no intention of cleaning ours despite my missus claiming i should. We got a window cleaner who is due this week lol - comes round every 6 weeks. Our window cleaner openly admits they rarely do their own too lol.. yet goes and cleans other window cleaners windows LOL

Weirdly though i'm quite attached to my pole, i find it fascinating for some weird reason lol. The back pack i'm sure i'll rig with a remote control when the warranty is done and my trolley definitely needs to be pimped.. but do our own windows? nah..

Only just starting out but have no intention of cleaning ours despite my missus claiming i should. We got a window cleaner who is due this week lol - comes round every 6 weeks. Our window cleaner openly admits they rarely do their own too lol.. yet goes and cleans other window cleaners windows LOL

Weirdly though i'm quite attached to my pole, i find it fascinating for some weird reason lol. The back pack i'm sure i'll rig with a remote control when the warranty is done and my trolley definitely needs to be pimped.. but do our own windows? nah..
You should cut him a deal, you clean his and he cleans yours. No money changes hands but I guarantee you it will be easier and less tedious cleaning each others than your own ?

Latest Posts

Back