Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Question about booster pumps

Ana

Recently brought a 450 GDP from daqua and have yet to set it up to test my tds after filtration. I've seen many of these GPD units come with booster pumps, however the one I have from daqua doesn't have one, is it worth while getting a booster pump anyway?

Seen a 125 psi booster pump going cheap on eBay so might just bid to get it to try out see if I try increases the flow rate more as I'm told in a ideal world I should upgrade to a 4040 system? Trouble is ive just brought a round for 6k plus equipment costs and In all likelihood I won't need huge amounts of pure for some time.

Any advice is more than welcome, oh and I'm on a water meter so waste management is important.

Don’t know anyone who uses a booster pump on gpd450.

Needed on 40/40 due to size of filters and hoses

Last edited:
I did notice they are present on the 300 GDP units and below, assuming that's because they are in need of a "boost"? @LAMS

A 40/40 is much more of a pipe dream right now than overly needed, seen some nice upgrades tho for when money is moving more freely.

If your r/o works fine @Ana on your tap's water pressure then don't worry about a booster pump. On 40 psi our 450GPD worked efficiently enough by removing 98% of the dissolved solids in our water. (254 ppm to 4ppm.)

A 450GPD produced more than enough water for a single operator. It took us a while to fill a 1000 IBC tank but once full there was always plenty in reserve. It just got tighter when my son joined us.

What was a big help in water management was a float switch and solenoid valve. This meant we could leave the tank alone to fill up and it would (and still does) switch off when the IBC is full.

(BTW, many users swear by Aquatec booster pumps. Purefreedom sell them.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I did notice they are present on the 300 GDP units and below, assuming that's because they are in need of a "boost"? @LAMS

A 40/40 is much more of a pipe dream right now than overly needed, seen some nice upgrades tho for when money is moving more freely.
I use a 450gpd without a booster and it’s awesome, always enough water

Thank you @spruceand @LAMS for the info, as I say I've not even set it up yet and I'm sure it will be perfectly fine for my uses. The guy I brought the round off (it's part of a much larger round as he's downsizing after moving to a new area) uses 350 litres of pure a day, I won't be hitting anywhere near those figures.

he uses 350 or more litres of pure a day, five days a week.

im looking at using about 200-250 litres a day, three days a week at most. This is because it's only a partial round but sizeable for little old me as a newbie. Will expand when able but a great starting point for me.

so providing I can make about 600-700 litres in the four days prior to the three days I'll likely be doing I'm pretty much set.

Thank you @spruceand @LAMS for the info, as I say I've not even set it up yet and I'm sure it will be perfectly fine for my uses. The guy I brought the round off (it's part of a much larger round as he's downsizing after moving to a new area) uses 350 litres of pure a day, I won't be hitting anywhere near those figures.

he uses 350 or more litres of pure a day, five days a week.

im looking at using about 200-250 litres a day, three days a week at most. This is because it's only a partial round but sizeable for little old me as a newbie. Will expand when able but a great starting point for me.

so providing I can make about 600-700 litres in the four days prior to the three days I'll likely be doing I'm pretty much set.
It took me about 28 hours to fill a 1000 liter IBC tank in summer and about 36 hours to fill the same tank in winter - thats 35 liters per hour. Once you fill the reservoir you will have plenty.  And please don't panic when you see very little progress when you start to fill your storage tank like I did. Its like a watched kettle - it never seems to boil.

Ana that must have been some back and we test the system before sending out. Please run some water through it to stop the membranes drying out. Needs to be done every 2 weeks

Hi @doug atkinson I didn't know I had to keep them hydrated, they should be ok tho as there still sealed right? I'll look to set it up and get it pumping asap.

As your here with regard a booster pump is it warrented or even compatable with the 450? 

I would plug in your R/O then see if you need a booster pump. There are a range of booster pumps and you need to find one that fits spec.

Back