Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone give new customers welcome packs?

I'm thinking of making up a welcome pack for new customers with information on how the pole system works, payment methods and details, how to make a complaint. 

Anyone else do this? Or has anyone a copy I could maybe steal to give me a rough idea of where to start and a layout? 

What all do you include? 

Thanks folks

I usually write or say:

If you have questions or something didn't come out as clean as it ought to, please do contact me. I live and eat because my customers are happy with the work I do, and I'd like you to be as well.

Regarding pole work I usually just say:

I have a wife and two small children I want to be sure I come home to every day. I don't do ladders, this is safe.

I think Welcome Packs for customers is overkill.

Window cleaning is pretty straightforward business - it's not rocket science. As long as their windows are clean after you've been most people don't really care how the pole system works and I'm sure they know how to make a complaint if necessary.

Most people know what pole window cleaning is nowadays, I just give them a business care, this has our website and phone number on it, our web site has everything they need to know. 

I think Welcome Packs for customers is overkill.

Window cleaning is pretty straightforward business - it's not rocket science. As long as their windows are clean after you've been most people don't really care how the pole system works and I'm sure they know how to make a complaint if necessary.
Its mainly just to explain go card less or give my bank details and stuff. That's the important part lol

Its a nice idea actually. Unnessacary(?), but nice.

Personal choice. Not mine, personally.

Same with company branded workwear. Not essential, but a nice touch. This I do have.

Its a nice idea actually. Unnessacary(?), but nice.

Personal choice. Not mine, personally.

Same with company branded workwear. Not essential, but a nice touch. This I do have.
I'm more thinking of a nice way to describe how go card less work and how to subtly get them to sign up or pay me online tbh lol the rest just makes it look good

Close 8 page booklet on my company. 
I would assume it's more relevant for you with having guys on a franchise so all the clients know what standard of service etc to expect, maybe not so relevant for a one-man band or a 2 man team

I would assume it's more relevant for you with having guys on a franchise so all the clients know what standard of service etc to expect, maybe not so relevant for a one-man band or a 2 man team

Exactly that to be honest, last year our record day was 17 new jobs. Can you imagine the time lost explaing GC, why it’s a franchise etc etc. 

The booklet was a fantastic idea especially when the customer gets two or three quotes as we usually win on the professional side of things. 

Im working on version 2 soon as we’ve nearly given out the 1500 I ordered ? 

17 new jobs is a good month for me ?  time is money after all so I can fully understand why its the best option overall 

17 new jobs is a good month for me ?  time is money after all so I can fully understand why its the best option overall 
I put a lot of things in place before I changed the business model but one of the main things I wanted was consistency. 

Thats what a fracnhise should be hence the booklet ? 

I could have done with a welcome pack today. Cleaning the customer upstairs when the elderly gentleman asked if I would clean the ones below. They look like they hadn't been cleaned in years and stickers inside saying no cold calling by the police and council. I told him a tenner for first clean but I could have swore he had dementia. I even asked if he had any money and he laughed. So I did the job quick and never scraped them because I thought I was going to get bumped. When I finished I chapped the door and he came out with a hand full of twenties. He then handed over a tenner and I told him I would go and finish them. Another 15 minutes scrapping away with my new 6" under scrapper and his windows were sparkling. :1f602:  

Back