Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sticker Marks on Frames

THL4KEL

What do you all do with a regular customer who's windows you clean who for example at Christmas and birthdays and world cup ect covered the frames in sticker marks hanging decorations of the frames. Are you just cleaning them off when they do it? Or charging extra to remove them? 

I would charge extra if they wanted them removing a monthley window clean doesnt include  removing stickers only the months dirt 

Last edited by a moderator:
I clean houses in a brand new estate. Started doing them when I was still trad. Being brand new, a lot of them had really bad sticky residue what was left on the glass from where the protective plastic cover was peeled off. Some were worse than others. This one clean me and my mate spent 1.5 hours cleaning all that **** off with scrapers. 1.5 hours for £6!! £3 each!! Granted that particular house was very bad and literally every window was absolutely covered in the stuff. Needless to say that was the straw that broke the camels back. No more after that it's too much work and if I encounter such windows they get told each time I clean the windows I'll get a little bit off each time. It's either that or I don't clean them at all.

For regular customers as long as it not too bad I’ll just clean them, usually only takes a few mins extra with a blade and Brillo pad. For new customers I charge extra to restore.

if it looked like more than a few minutes job I’d probably have  a chat before cleaning to manage expectations but I find it’s usually only the one window that’s had the happy Birthday banner added though I do have one estate that Halloween is becoming a problem with them decorating the houses. 

I have cleaned sellotape off after birthday banners etc have been up, but I had one client who seemed to have something going on every 3 months after the second time I stopped as it was taking an extra 5 minutes or so, I used to magic sponge frames and sills every so often on some jobs but ultimately it was costing me time and money. 

@BigFoot a Brillo pad ?  shock shock horror horror 

I have cleaned sellotape off after birthday banners etc have been up, but I had one client who seemed to have something going on every 3 months after the second time I stopped as it was taking an extra 5 minutes or so, I used to magic sponge frames and sills every so often on some jobs but ultimately it was costing me time and money. 

@BigFoot a Brillo pad ?  shock shock horror horror 

My secret weapon. Honestly very good for the job much like bronze wool, I also have magic sponges but find Brillos work better with no advers effects that you would imagine. Try it honest ?

My secret weapon. Honestly very good for the job much like bronze wool, I also have magic sponges but find Brillos work better with no advers effects that you would imagine. Try it honest ?
I can't mate as the parent company tests their products on animals which is a no-no for me 

Back