Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Security Window Cleaning

Daniel Perkins

Premium Member
Just wondering what's the general consensus on getting extra security on van slam locks, deadlocks etc for window cleaning vans?

I am considering the locks but I think i might just get graphic saying window cleaning to put off potential thieves from thinking it's a builders, sparks, plumber van that has tools in it. Just curious as to peoples thoughts.

Just wondering what's the general consensus on getting extra security on van slam locks, deadlocks etc for window cleaning vans?

I am considering the locks but I think i might just get graphic saying window cleaning to put off potential thieves from thinking it's a builders, sparks, plumber van that has tools in it. Just curious as to peoples thoughts.
I got 2 deadlocks fitted last October..  my van isn't signwritten. It's enough of a deterrent.. some clever thieves know carbon fibre poles are worth a few quid so eliminate the possibility of a chancer trying to Nick what you've worked hard for

Yeah poles cost a fortune, it's overnight security that I am concerned about. Terrible you have to worry about things like this, dead locks ain't cheap either.

My van is ex British Gas so came with a deadlock on the back doors. Then a standard Thatcham alarm.

I’ve umm’d urr’d about getting a dead lock on the drivers door as well. I probably will when I next have money to waste  

Yeah poles cost a fortune, it's overnight security that I am concerned about. Terrible you have to worry about things like this, dead locks ain't cheap either.
They aren't cheap.. I was charged £150 inc vat.. least if they get past central locking they ain't going further for a while.. previous to that I welded a hook on the sliding door and used a ratchet strap so they can't peel the door back to have a peep inside... plus fitted a carpet grip so if they get fingers behind they get a ******* shock ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have twin sliding doors on my transit so had 5 deadlocks fitted, plus the standard ford lock on the drivers door ripped out and a stainless heavy duty lock fitted.

The company I used done it so the same key for the deadlocks fitted the stainless lock on the drivers door.

Not cheap, but good.

I used the company ‘vanlocker’ from Croydon 

I park my van in the garage then my wifes car goes in front of the garage if they want my carbon pole that much they will have to go in through the roof ?

I'm just worried about over night security, a deterrent aswell as solid security if someone does try to get in, maybe dead lock as Steve said. Checking them out there pricey as I have twin sliding doors too & then there is the rear door of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just worried about over night security, a deterrent aswell as solid security if someone does try to get in, maybe dead lock as Steve said. Checking them out there pricey as I have twin sliding doors too & then there is the rear door of course.

Yes, I fitted mul-t-lock called ArmaDLock which was £150 each for back and side door. Took me about 4hrs each lock because I didn't have all the tools. I can now sleep well at night unless they steal the van. I like the way one can see the lock is outside the van and its very quick to lock it. Only problem is when its below freezing and I need to get the lighter out or hot water but barring that they are great.

Back