Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Merman excelerator review

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Iain jones

I recently bought the Moerman Excelerator, I have not used it yet but would love to hear reviews and are there pros and cons 

Last edited by a moderator:
Some days you'll want to stamp on it other days it will be the best thing since sliced bread.  It took me a year of perseverance to get consistency day in and day out with the liquidator in general. The excelerator handle is useful and I prefer it slightly to the standard moerman handle but work happily with both.

Pros : Cuts down detailing massively, useful to have the angle adjuster  for any trad pole work.

Cons: Eats rubber quickly, and is prone to lines if not fine tuned.

I love it. Especially with the fliq pad on pole work.

I do have the large 55cm one though and it is rubbish. The handle has too many moving parts in it and the channel is not stiff enough, so you end up fighting slop and have to use excessive pressure to get good results in the corners.

The shorter channels are fine though.

I just started using the 45cm unger s channel with (gasp) a moerman handle as my main squeegee, and I think I'll keep it that way. I got the elongated unger handle for it, but it doesn't have enough grip whereas the most moerman handle has a rubber part on it.

Still have the shorter moerman on hand when needed of course.

All red razer rubber.

Had a big awkward interior job today, loads of panelled high glass and not much leverage. Now I have had a bit of a moan about moerman in the past but the fliq saved me today. U-turn ?

20190321_150438.jpg

20190321_150428.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The 10inch and 14inch Moermans  are my squeegees of choice now...but they take time to master.

Reason I prefer them is they cut down on detailing....which means my scrims stay dryer longer, but they need tweaking with Unger green clips in ends.

But have a Unger in my box of tricks too and used that on my windows other day to check rubber was ok...worked great...and sure easier to use/master....but more detailing, so scrims get wetter quicker, though do not need to get as much slip with the liquid as you do with the Moerman.

Back