ECS

Would this be suitable for Softwashing

Pjj

You only need about 36 ltr per muinit for softwashing maximum , that’s 600 ltr per muinit way to much .

scottish cleaning service

I think that's like the one we used in the Fire Service when we were pumping out basements or boats. No use for softwashing. I use a £20 pump sprayer from screwfix and never had a problem. If I do walls then I intend to use a backpack.

Cleanteam South west

Have a look up xjet you can then run through a presurewasher using upstreaming 

Pjj
3 hours ago, Cleanteam South west said:

Have a look up xjet you can then run through a presurewasher using upstreaming 

Yes it does work but very messy and not very accurate produces to much mist , for softwashing you want droplets not mist or vapour , I had one used it once never again 😬😬😬😬

Cleanteam South west

Between my xjet that i use for building cleaning and my trolley that I built for softwashing and a  pump sprayer, it depends on what needs cleaning really, Messy ? laying down chemical after patio cleaning you want a good coverage with that. how does it produce a mist ?? 

Edited by Cleanteam South west

Pjj

Between my xjet that i use for building cleaning and my trolley that I built for softwashing and a  pump sprayer, it depends on what needs cleaning really, Messy ? laying down chemical after patio cleaning you want a good coverage with that. how does it produce a mist ?? 

I found it sprayed stuff everywhere and wasn’t very accurate especially if hypo is being applied to the edge of a patio bordering grass the back pack sprayer with a proper nozzle designed for softwashing is so much easier and accurate when applying hypo , the nozzles of Ben Marriot don’t produce mist and very little drift if used when there is no wind , it produces water droplets avoiding the problems associated with normal fan jets or xjets 

83F1FB3F-6C16-41CC-B28B-B251F40A769B.jpeg

Cleanteam South west

what like this, built my own using an old water fed pole i had and a self made trolley.

IMG_1498.JPG

IMG_0659.JPG

ECS

Thanks Guys for your valued help.

I see your point on the flow rate being to high.

I've been watching to many American videos where they spray anything and everything in 2 minutes :1f602:

Pjj

what like this, built my own using an old water fed pole i had and a self made trolley.

IMG_1498.JPG

IMG_0659.JPG

Yes similar but looking at that I would say that’s a mist spray not droplets looks like there will be a lot of overspray going above the gutter 

Clarkus84
3 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Yes similar but looking at that I would say that’s a mist spray not droplets looks like there will be a lot of overspray going above the gutter 

Would you recommend applying by brush then? 

Pjj
1 minute ago, Clarkus84 said:

Would you recommend applying by brush then? 

Yes you can if it’s like a patio or path , or decking etc , I have applied hypo mix  to house walls through wfp and back pack works well  only issue is it doesn’t entrain air into the mix which applying by spray does this makes the hypo work much better and quicker 

Cleanteam South west

Mate its a nozzle from a pressure washer there is not mist its a spray,  been softwashing now for over 10 years never had a complaint so must be doing something right. i still prefer using my xjet alot faster and better results.

Pjj
5 minutes ago, Cleanteam South west said:

Mate its a nozzle from a pressure washer there is not mist its a spray,  been softwashing now for over 10 years never had a complaint so must be doing something right. i still prefer using my xjet alot faster and better results.

Ime not criticising you Ime just saying look in your first picture you can see the mist above the gutter  with a droplet spray you get far less and it won’t drift towards the neighbors property , we have been softwashing for 10 years when I started I used a nozzle. Similar to the one you have there ,the ones we use now are far superior , they are specifically made for spraying hypo and reducing overspray and mist , give Ben Marriot a ring at Rutland pumps that’s where we got ours they arnt expensive cost around £15 if I remember right