Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Telescopic step ladde

paulben

Anybody tried telescopic step ladders .Have got a telescopic ladder that I was given but hate it as it bends too much but fancy a set of steps that wont take up too much room in van hate using roof rack . Thanks .

Haven't had one myself but are considering it to access roofs and the odd job, since I'm 99% wfp.

From what I gather on here, you need to pay for the good version, but they are not suited for daily window cleaning use anyway.

You can get or build good systems for making it easier to take ladders off the roof rack.

Wouldn’t be without our “scopsey” as it is known. Make sure the sections are locked and youre fine. We use it every day and have had to replace it once because the metal and locking mechanisms deteriorated but that is with constant use in all weathers for a few years. Best one i found was in lidl £80 & thats our current one.  Make sure it has the floor stabilizer bar with rubber feet. can be quite hard to find online but seek and you will find ?

Personaly hate them I have seen so many people injured using them , I wouldn’t use one , I like the concept and space they take up but think they are dangerous 

Never tried the telescopic ladder and hopefully never need to. Mate nearly got killed with one of those 3 in 1 ladder that has pins holding them together. He had made it straight and climbed to the top when the pins broke loose. His brother saved him because he was at the bottom ready to climb on. When he landed on him he inadvertently broke his ankle. The moral of the story is this:- A ladder has one purpose only and should never have the words collapsible nor telescopic in its name or in the fullness of time you will quickly find out why.  

I have had my current one over 8 years now and it comes in handy for the odd flat roof access, what I would say is buy from a reputable supplier like https://www.screwfix.com/c/storage-ladders/telescopic-ladders/cat5180008 as I have heard few stories about dodgy ones sold online through the likes of eBay
The problem is people just go and buy the cheapest they can find. If you search Google for ''Best telescopic ladder'' there are sites that have reviewed them. From memory Finefeather, Todeco and Worhan were the best brands. Just search for them on Amazon through a reputable seller and you can save quite a bit.

I personally decided I'd rather just put a roof rack back on the van and use my normal ladder. I did nearly buy a Todeco one as it was on offer on Amazon 4.1m for around £60 including delivery, hasn't been that cheap since.

I have these ladders (from wickes, with stabalisers), atm im 99% wfp too and use it for flat roofs/sky lights for around 6/7 of my jobs on my whole round...not had problems, they obv dont feels as sturdy as alleys but do the job if put up correctly, making sure all rung holes are green and none are red, also wd40 will help keep the assembly easier otherwise its a pain extending the ladder after a while. If i needed the ladders more frequently on my work id invest in roof rack/alleys but i just dont see the point for less than 10 times a month...at the moment

Thanks for replies have standard ladders for normal work it's just for odd job that I thought a telescopic step ladder might be handy , that I can put in back of car when I want to clean caravan roof but don't want to take van .

The problem is people just go and buy the cheapest they can find. If you search Google for ''Best telescopic ladder'' there are sites that have reviewed them. From memory Finefeather, Todeco and Worhan were the best brands. Just search for them on Amazon through a reputable seller and you can save quite a bit.

I personally decided I'd rather just put a roof rack back on the van and use my normal ladder. I did nearly buy a Todeco one as it was on offer on Amazon 4.1m for around £60 including delivery, hasn't been that cheap since.
Greedy window cleaners ? I would much rather have telescopic ladder a lot easier to manage for little me and I use it to get into the loft in the house and garage 

Back