Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Your input/help on van system - waterworks power UPIQ

lloyd323

Hello everybody. I would highley appreciate if anybody could tell me if any other company other than waterworks window cleaning have this sort of technology seen in the video below. It's basically a  Key fob operation reel, and you literally don't have to open your doors of the van as the pole/s lock into place onto the back of your van before and after your clean. It also reels the hose back as your walking back to your van by using the fob as i understand it. I am so damm desperate for this and have been extremely patient. After a few conversations over the phone and facebook over the past year the most recent message i received on facebook was as follows:

"Hello! Im glad you're looking forward to it, thank you ?

I'm taking some time to completely redesign and get it right. 2019 definetly!

It will be an add on to any of our existing systems so I recommend you just buy one any way with a push button"

Which is all good in my eyes ? however i was wondering if there was any other companys that did this so i could weigh up my options. I'm ready to invest, i don't give a donkeys about the cost. In my opinion for my current business model i feel it would be a great asset! Perhaps there are some waterworks staff around who could shed some light on the release date?

Thank you to everyone who taken time out to read this and for your help.

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsaKl0SBNck&t=103s

Last edited by a moderator:
The IQ version wont be out till late summer at the earliest. There are a few other powered reels on the market but thats all they are at present. Powered reels. 

We have 3 Waterworks systems and include waterworks systems for all our franchisees.  Top quality decent customer service.  

Well if this is the only one on the market then I shall be proceeding with giving you a phone call and ordering the twin 700L system. Who shall I ask for?  I have a few questions and plan to pay a visit for installation. 

At a rough guess (not set in concrete as I understand things can change) what do you think the additional cost would be for the powerUPIQ to be added to your system? 

Thanks for the reply.

Cool stuff. I like the way they evenly spool the hose, that is clever and robust.

The remote they use in the video is a garage door opener type, they have a range of 10-15 metres. Which i guess is fine.

I would question the longevity of the pole hose when it constantly get pulled that hard in.

I would want to have a van door with a window to keep and eye on things, but that is probably because my spooling issues have been flaring up lately. If the system is solid and reliable i think they're onto a winner.

I really want to build one myself now, but alas, time..

Cool stuff. I like the way they evenly spool the hose, that is clever and robust.

The remote they use in the video is a garage door opener type, they have a range of 10-15 metres. Which i guess is fine.

I would question the longevity of the pole hose when it constantly get pulled that hard in.

I would want to have a van door with a window to keep and eye on things, but that is probably because my spooling issues have been flaring up lately. If the system is solid and reliable i think they're onto a winner.

I really want to build one myself now, but alas, time..

Great observation about the fob. It never actually crossed my mind about the distance of when it would actually start reeling in. Obviously the further the distance, the better!  But if it came to 10-15 metres i still wouldn't say no that's for sure.

I also believe if the system is solid and reliable i think they're onto a winner.

If you ever do decide to build one be sure to let us know how it went.

The system in the video still isn’t available to buy as far as Ime aware I spoke to Jason ??? I think he was called over a year ago he said that they were trying to get them made commercially at the time the predicted cost was well over 2k if they made it themselves they were trying to get a manufacturing company to make them mass produced , I quite like the look of it and have held off buying electric reels untill this is available to have a look at as I like it a lot , don’t want poles on the doors of the van but the reel looks very good 

its not really gonna save you time though if you already have an electric reel.i have a PF reelmaster and its ace.i always have a cloth in one hand as im reeling in to clean the hose.its already a very quick and efficient way of working....IMO its an over engineered piece of kit thatll be too pricey and not many of us would leave the pole on the back doors like that when it takes seconds to slide the pole into a pole holder in the van......im out!?

the reelmaster has snag protection,soft start etc,the only thing it hasnt got is automatic spooling but that is easy to do yourself when reeling in and cleaning the hose with a cloth as you go....

There is another company who is working on similar but I only saw some brief specs and outline drawings as they asked for my advice on it.

We have I believe 8 Power up HD reels and they're fab, they really are. If Grippa tank wasn't so close I would defiantly lean towards waterworks but we use Grippatank due to their crash tested systems. 

As for soft start, snag protection etc I had all that in 2014 on a cox reel, It's not needed at all. Powered reels need to be about speed and not torque.

the reelmaster has snag protection,soft start etc,the only thing it hasnt got is automatic spooling but that is easy to do yourself when reeling in and cleaning the hose with a cloth as you go....

There is another company who is working on similar but I only saw some brief specs and outline drawings as they asked for my advice on it.

We have I believe 8 Power up HD reels and they're fab, they really are. If Grippa tank wasn't so close I would defiantly lean towards waterworks but we use Grippatank due to their crash tested systems. 

As for soft start, snag protection etc I had all that in 2014 on a cox reel, It's not needed at all. Powered reels need to be about speed and not torque.

Since we are on the subject of powered reels & systems what would you suggest as being the best to buy? Regarding efficiencey and speed? Forget the costs, just want the best for the job. I hate the saying time is money, but unfortunatelly in business this is exacly what it is.

Any of the electric reels on the market would do same as systems. 

The less complicated the better, a cream

round is more important. 

Any of the electric reels on the market would do same as systems. 

The less complicated the better, a cream

round is more important. 

Good to know. A cream round has certainly been achieved i can confidently say. Pretty magical infact. This is the cherry on top i have been waiting for and wanted to make sure i got it right as the cherry compliments the cream ?

Good to know. A cream round has certainly been achieved i can confidently say. Pretty magical infact. This is the cherry on top i have been waiting for and wanted to make sure i got it right as the cherry compliments the cream ?

I don’t know your round, layout of houses etc but a big tank, 4 jets or more on brush, electric reel and you’re sorted. 

Since we are on the subject of powered reels & systems what would you suggest as being the best to buy? Regarding efficiencey and speed? Forget the costs, just want the best for the job. I hate the saying time is money, but unfortunatelly in business this is exacly what it is.
As Dazmond says the Reelmaster from Purefreedom is the best engineered electric reel out there, the manual reels are also tough as old boots, same with the systems

As Dazmond says the Reelmaster from Purefreedom is the best engineered electric reel out there, the manual reels are also tough as old boots, same with the systems

I literally in the past hour put a depost down on the full waterworks twin system package after speaking to the owner, in the hope power UPIQ will be out around summer time. Also added the HD security guides & HD hose guide XL. The power UPIQ is what sold it for me personally. But thank you for your input :1f44d:

I am aware this is the old post but there have been an update. PowerUPIQ is coming this year September 2023 ??

Back