Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mulsanne Insurance

ChloeKenyon

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Mulsanne Insurance through Aplan?

My husband was crashed into last year and his van was written off. We were insured through Gladiator at the time and although it was a lot of hassle sorting everything out we did get everything sorted.

He has a fixed water tank in the van for the hot water ionic system. We have just had a quote for nearly £700 a year less than what Gladiator have managed to find. The Quote is from Mulsanne through Aplan.

As much as we would love to save £700 we don’t want to risk it if they’re known for trying to wriggle out of paying out of it’s needed.

ive read some reviews but they all seem to be either taxi drivers or people moaning about cancellation costs but nothing about actually needing to claim.

If any of you have experience with these guys could you please let us know what you can?

Thanks

I have been with A-Plan previously and they sorted everything without any hassle at all in a non-fault accident were my truck was still drivable and I had a courtesy vehicle on my drive before the repair company had picked mine up for repair 

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Mulsanne Insurance through Aplan?

My husband was crashed into last year and his van was written off. We were insured through Gladiator at the time and although it was a lot of hassle sorting everything out we did get everything sorted.

He has a fixed water tank in the van for the hot water ionic system. We have just had a quote for nearly £700 a year less than what Gladiator have managed to find. The Quote is from Mulsanne through Aplan.

As much as we would love to save £700 we don’t want to risk it if they’re known for trying to wriggle out of paying out of it’s needed.

ive read some reviews but they all seem to be either taxi drivers or people moaning about cancellation costs but nothing about actually needing to claim.

If any of you have experience with these guys could you please let us know what you can?

Thanks

I've never heard of this insurance company myself so I can't help you there.

I found that we got an excellent deal with Aviva. They aren't on 'compare' websites and was far cheaper than the quote A Plan quoted us a few years ago, about half. A Plan have had a good reputation over the years so I don't believe that they would broker a deal with a dodgy insurance company.

At the time, the only insurance company that would insure a van with a fitted tank over 500 liters was Ageas and that's who A Plan used to use. Ageas were known for 'taking our eyes out' at renewal time. I would guess that as A Plan was loosing too much business they have sourced a cheaper insurance provider. I have a 650liter fitted tank in my van and Avia had no issue insuring it although at one time, in the early wfp days, they did.

I have received several emails recently from A Plan inviting me back as a customer because they have better insurance rates for window cleaners.

For me, I will stick with Aviva for the meantime. This is my 3rd year with them.

I have been with A-Plan previously and they sorted everything without any hassle at all in a non-fault accident were my truck was still drivable and I had a courtesy vehicle on my drive before the repair company had picked mine up for repair 

That's what I thought the broker was there for.

I have heard that things can get a little more complicated if the other party involved in the accident is foreign. One of the local lads was hit by a Polish driver and his van written off. Even although he was fully insured the insurance company would not progress the payout until the transport company the Polish driver drove for admitted responsibility. It took over 3 months for that to happen and the windie was left to work out of his car.

I don't know what the result would have been if that Polish transport company failed to accept responsibility. This might be a good question to ask A Plan @ChloeKenyon and get their reply in writing.

Being fully comprehensively insured didn't help this windie. The joke was that when the insurance company finally decided to pay out they were round 'half an hour' later to take the vehicle away. He received the payout 4 or 5 days after they took his van.

Last edited by a moderator:
Things don't always run smoothly and certain things can take more than some may expect as mentioned above I had a vehicle claim but I also had a household insurance claim which took longer to get sorted as for A-Plan they deal with insurance companies that a member of the public can't as it's a broker insurance thing I jumped ship as a longterm customer as there aren't discounts for loyalty despite been told so and I found a cheaper quote and the tank was detailed on the documents unlike A Plan 

Who are you with now if you don’t mind me asking?

Who are you with now if you don’t mind me asking?
I am with Admiral I phoned them up directly after doing an online quote and explained about my water tank which they consider a modification and as mentioned it's on my documents in black and white on letterheaded paper, A Plan tried to have me over after 7 years and personally I was been lied to by certain staff in the Carterton office so they lost out on a total of 3 polices.    

I am with Admiral I phoned them up directly after doing an online quote and explained about my water tank which they consider a modification and as mentioned it's on my documents in black and white on letterheaded paper, A Plan tried to have me over after 7 years and personally I was been lied to by certain staff in the Carterton office so they lost out on a total of 3 polices.    
How do you work if your without your van?

Do you have replacement wfp van cover somewhere else?

How do you work if your without your van?

Do you have replacement wfp van cover somewhere else?
No I just have a standard courtesy van, I could take my current system out of my van in less than 10 minutes and put it another one my tank ain't bolted in and I have a Pump-Box, Now before the safety police jump on this there is only me and I drive like Miss Daisy I consider myself to be far more aware about vehicle handling etc as I had pickups for years and went on a driving course

Last edited by a moderator:
No I just have a standard courtesy van, I could take my current system out of my van in less than 10 minutes and put it another one my tank ain't bolted in and I have a Pump-Box, Now before the safety police jump on this there is only me and I drive like Miss Daisy I consider myself to be far more aware about vehicle handling etc as I had pickups for years and went on a driving course
Same as me, 30mins and my system can be in a rental

Where did you get your pump box? I’m thinking of making my own, I like the sound of everything in one place.

I have just this week left a-plan for aviva.

Saved a lot of money... A plan in my short time with them weren’t great.

Last edited:
Where did you get your pump box? I’m thinking of making my own, I like the sound of everything in one place.

I have just this week left a-plan for aviva.

Saved a lot of money... A plan in my short time with them weren’t great.
Mine is a streambox pump box which is similar to this one https://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/Complete-Pump-Box-with-Variflo---No-battery--SB100_85V.html#SID=12 they sell the empty boxes on here as well but with this size box you are limited to a smaller battery 

Back