Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Things to do outside of 9-5

Joshyouare

Just using 9-5 for an example but once you've got home for the day, I know most of you guys with full rounds won't need or want to do anything but for example, some days I work a part time job throughout the day, getting back anywhere between 3-6pm. 

So I guess my question is; what can I do at 8pm or 7am for example. Obviously I can't knock doors, but would there be any point in dropping leaflets or something else?

I ask because for example this week, had a good start to the week (for me anyway), got a few customers and a lot of people interested, but then I had a shift at a part time job on wednesday and after that, sort of just got lazy for the week again, whereas if I had something to do before my shift and after, might be able to keep motivation up.

Trying to do as much stuff online as possible, SEO etc, but I feel like I've sort of done as much as I can for where the business is at at the minute. 

Drop leaflets, email commercials asking if they want a window cleaner. I picked up 2x leisure centres on the back of emailing them telling them their windows need cleaning.

If you’re looking to expand the business, you can send emails and promote the business using social media. Once you’re business is running well then you well definitely want to switch off once you get home from work. I have the opposite problem. I need to make sure I don’t respond to every enquiry over the weekend etc or I’ll always be working and never have a free time. 

Drop leaflets, email commercials asking if they want a window cleaner. I picked up 2x leisure centres on the back of emailing them telling them their windows need cleaning.
Yeah, I was thinking about the commercial side of things on the motorway today, I'd be able to do commercial jobs at early hours and on Sundays wouldn't I?

I'll go and have a look at how to reach out to businesses about window cleaning as I'm sure it's been answered thousands of times.

Back