THL4KEL

Gardiners V3 Back Pack Charger

THL4KEL

Just went to charge the back pack, switched on the power at mains and a loud bang came from the charger unit.. Its still lighting up.. But I need to buy a replacement and Gardiners are out of stock. Does anyone know where I can get an alternative replacement? 

Part Timer

Got a backpack at home if you want to borrow it for a few days until you've sorted everything out 

Edited by Part Timer

solarpanelcleaningltd

Whip the battery out and bench charge it?

THL4KEL
22 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Got a backpack at home if you want to borrow it for a few days until you've sorted everything out 

Cheers PT I have a back up to cover me and Iron Giant will borrow me his charger till I get a replacement. Thanks mate for offer.

spruce
9 hours ago, solarpanelcleaningltd said:

Whip the battery out and bench charge it?

I think one has to be very careful about charging sealed lead acid batteries. Many years ago my son had a Honda 125 with electric start. He put the battery on a 10 amp car charger and cooked the battery. This charger is a 12v 1.7amp unit. There are a couple of Chargers around with that spec but the plug is wrong. There are also a couple of power packs around with that spec but using them as a battery charger is questionable unless you really know what you are doing.

THL4KEL

Gardiners website is now showing replacement stock. I am just going to order one of them.