Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Getting back into it

RobS

Hi folks,

Many years ago I had a great round. I actually worked for someone on one of his rounds and he paid me a day rate but it was a good life for me at that age and of course all traditional back then too. Sadly the guy died and his wife closed it all down and I had to move on.

Recently I’ve thought about starting it again. I run a very successful business and this would be a good add-on. The issue for me now is that I wouldn’t be the one cleaning. I’d essentially be buying the kit, the vans and sourcing the customers and having people do the work for me.

Any advice on doing this? I can see a lot of people being hands on but do any of you have employees that clean for you instead?

i also see people stating windows cleaned for £10? I charged more than that 20 yes ago in a lot of cases. What’s the realistic rate these days to be able to do the job properly?

love to hear all your thoughts.

Rob

Recently I’ve thought about starting it again. I run a very successful business and this would be a good add-on. The issue for me now is that I wouldn’t be the one cleaning. I’d essentially be buying the kit, the vans and sourcing the customers and having people do the work for me.
Sounds like a car crash mate. Nothing wrong with having people working for you but when it goes wrong you won't know how to fix it. If I worked for someone who couldn't do my job (In a small business like this, not a large company) I would be inclined to start up myself. Some might even go as far as nicking your customers.

With regards to prices all areas are different. Take a look on Google and see what the local competition is charging, there's always one with it on a website somewhere. I can clean 2-3 standard 3 bed semi's in an hour. Expect an employee to pull out 2... Who knows. All of the above will be declared wrong by someone else further down this thread i'm sure..... I hope the point i've made about local prices helps.

Sounds to me that you have too much money and much better to throw it into an index ftse fund. All you will achieve is a headache trying to trust folk to run your new window cleaning company.

Back