Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner's pole or purefreedom

Steam

I'm having a pure freedom to system fitted in my van next week but not sure if to have one of their poles and brushes or would I be better ordering a Gardiner's pole and brush ? 

As it seems they are the choice of many of you seasoned windys , being new to all this any advice would be appreciated thanks.

I dont think PF have the best selection of poles. They have the new Phantom pole but it's not the better versions. I would go to Gardiners if I was you.

Some of the stream line range that pf do are good. I’m still using a v2. Their brush selection isnt great though. Having used gardeners also I’d have to say that they are the way to go. Much better brushes and the green hose they supply is brilliant. Still deciding on their new valve though, only been using it a couple of weeks so still early days. Easy enough to bang a univalve on though. Shame gardeners don’t sell them pre installed in their poles. 

I have two poles from pure freedom, they currently stay in the garage. I have the 18 foot one and it was a great starter pole and got me through till I could buy the extreme pole from gardineers. Best thing I have ever purchased in my opinion. I got the 25 foot and I can use it all day 8 hours straight with no issues. My 35 foot pure freedom one which has the rare job todo is a nightmare, it’s as heavy as the van I use to carry it in. The clamps don’t work at all so you waste time constantly adjusting. Just save yourself the the pain and go straight to gardiners, you can always buy the extension sections if you feel you need more reach! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two poles from pure freedom, they currently stay in the garage. I have the 18 foot one and it was a great starter pole and got me through till I could buy the extreme pole from gardineers. Best thing I have ever purchased in my opinion. I got the 25 foot and I can use it all day 8 hours straight with no issues. My 35 foot pure freedom one which has the rare job todo is a nightmare, it’s as heavy as the van I use to carry it in. The clamps don’t work at all so you waste time constantly adjusting. Just save yourself the the pain and go straight to gardiners, you can always buy the extension sections if you feel you need more reach! 
Thanks for that , yes that's exactly what I will be doing . Will give Gardiner's a call for some more advice but I'm thinking the clx 22 to start with well I think it's that being new to all this is a nightmare . I take it I'm going to have to fit the uni valve myself then if I want to be able to turn the water off at the pole.

Out of interest fellas what brush would you start with ...I've seen a few of the lads use sill brushes etc would one of those do for the majority of domestic work ?

Thanks for that , yes that's exactly what I will be doing . Will give Gardiner's a call for some more advice but I'm thinking the clx 22 to start with well I think it's that being new to all this is a nightmare . I take it I'm going to have to fit the uni valve myself then if I want to be able to turn the water off at the pole.

Out of interest fellas what brush would you start with ...I've seen a few of the lads use sill brushes etc would one of those do for the majority of domestic work ?
Personally started with a flocked brush as they’re good for getting all the dirt out. So would at the moment recommend a flocked will brush. If budget can stretch, though, get a regular will brush also. Though understandable if only one is a option. 

Oww, and start with pencil jets. Again, good for first cleans and you can cover one to increase pressure when cleaning downstairs windows and blast gunk out of expansion joints. 

I have only just gone univalve and I’m kicking myself repeatedly for not doing it straight away! I had to start with. Valve clamped to the pole, the hose would come out the brush down the pole and into the shut off valve. Then there was a metre of hose coming from that to connect to the hose on the hose real, there was a valve on the hose real hose too ( how it all was set up by pure freedom). I would turn up have hoses looped all over the pole Walk the hose real hose round faff with the pole hose cause the connecting hose would tangle with the loop, then turn on the hose real valve then have to use the pole valve! You get so used to things you don’t think twice but the hose real male Rectus fitting would always leak from the abuse it took! The pole valve would always start to leak because of the constant abuse. I chopped it all off and now I have a hoseless pole set up with. Male connector poking just below the base of the pole and on the hose real it just goes into 34 feet of braided hose with female connector on the end. So pump running no water comes out the hose, connect to pole still no water and no leaks. One tug and the water flows! I used the old hose real valve set up to make an on off connector for the hose real just for washing out buckets or filling resin vessels. Made life so much easier! 

As for brushes gardiners have a really easy brush chart to follow so get the one that’s 3 ticks for a first clean and 3 ticks for maintenance. You can then get ones that are best for rinsing on glass too. I got three of different ones to see how they compare to the chart and it’s spot on! Flocked is also good as above, they do trap dirt but if you rinse off the glass it’s not an issue. Just don’t forget your pole maintenance, I’ve snapped one section on my pole but can only blame myself for it, easy to fix and easy to get parts. 

Have a look at the OVA8 poles whilst you are with Purefreedom, a definite improvement over round pole sections.
The OVA8 poles do look interesting, especially with the oval sections to stop the spinning.

Each section is 200grams, so light as well. 

My poles (gardiners SLX’s) are due for renewal soon, so I too have a decision to make ?

Latest Posts

Back